But Honey... It followed me home, Part 2 :)

Hey Capt'n Ron, what's the approximate dimensions of those shelves?

Because of the shape, it’s a bit hard. The bigger part is roughy 24 x 12 and the wing that sticks out in front of the cooker is probably 6” x 12”

Because of the shape, it’s a bit hard. The bigger part is roughy 24 x 12 and the wing that sticks out in front of the cooker is probably 6” x 12”
Hmmm... Too wide for my planer in one piece, but it's still a possibility.

Hmmm interesting, the teak has the screws going all the way through the top, but the black one has the screws underneath. Would have to figure out some sort of jig to make the cutout, probably for the router. Let me think about that for a bit... and you'd be able to have your choice of wood or combination of woods, not just teak. Probably have to reuse the mounting hardware though since it looks like you can't buy it separately.

Odd man out here but what makes them so much better?
As near as I can figure...we don't have one.
Myself, I can just enjoy his enjoyment in them, as I already have TWO kettles.:becky:

Hmmm interesting, the teak has the screws going all the way through the top, but the black one has the screws underneath. Would have to figure out some sort of jig to make the cutout, probably for the router. Let me think about that for a bit... and you'd be able to have your choice of wood or combination of woods, not just teak. Probably have to reuse the mounting hardware though since it looks like you can't buy it separately.

Yeah, maybe they didn’y Feel that threaded inserts wouldn’t hold in the wood?

Odd man out here but what makes them so much better?

As near as I can figure...we don't have one.
Myself, I can just enjoy his enjoyment in them, as I already have TWO kettles.:becky:

If you get an answer, let me know. I'm at a loss on these.

Well, let’s see... Heavy cast aluminum that will never rust and holds the heat very well, easy to disassemble for transport, grills, bakes and smokes.

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of cookers, including the Weber kettle (well, except the cast aluminum part). A lot of others as well, like the BGE, Kamado Joe, etc. They all do a great job, but I like the way the PK is built and the way it cooks. It can be set up to cook direct and is a grilling beast, and can be set up indirect and will hold temp for hours. I did some pastrami today on one of the PK360s and it held 275 for 5 hours, and probably would have gone longer.

But, it’s ok if you guys don’t get it. There are a lot of other great ways to cook out there :becky:

Back