***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Fatty" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Fatty" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why thank you Mr. k. :-D

It appears that we girls are beating the pants off the guys. Oh my did I just say that? :icon_blush:

Hold on, whose team are you on? We can still take this thing! ... Or is it just your dream to have your pants beaten off?

As if you didn't already know that was gonna happen.:rolleyes:

Hmmmmm...Ecode, Amber, Campfire Girl and Redhot...that's 4 vs 11
and the current vote total is 43 to 26...:shock: we got some splainin' to do.

I don't think you can include Campfire Girl with the wives, since we don't know if she qualifies AND her husband doesn't enter. Even without her, they're still beating the pants off the rest of the field, 38 to 31.

Well, since MY dog refuses to hunt...Vote for Redhot or the cat get's it!

cat_burglar.jpg

NO, NO, NO, not the kitty! Vote for your favorite entry or deguerre get's it! :boxing:

Chris can check the records, but I don't think Team Husbands has ever come close to beating Team Wives; however, I have noticed that Team Husbands' vote total is the same as that of Campfire Girl. Maybe the three of us should challenge her instead!

I thought that was DeGuerre in that photo. I just assumed he had shaved for some reason.

Since I'm not on team anything I voted for Campfire girl, simple but creative. The way it should be. e, please forgive me.

This is Sad we gettin killed, Oh well always next throwdown...

I thought this was a great throwdown.... I thought I could get all these fatties out of my system,... but oh no, now I've got to make a breakfast fatty, and a pecan pie fatty, and a spaghetti fatty and ... not to mention a Moroccan one..... there's no end in sight!

Since I'm not on team anything I voted for Campfire girl, simple but creative. The way it should be. e, please forgive me.

Jim I can't blame ya, it's a great fatty that's turned quite a few heads.

I'm just glad she's on our side :wink:.

Chris can check the records, but I don't think Team Husbands has ever come close to beating Team Wives; however, I have noticed that Team Husbands' vote total is the same as that of Campfire Girl. Maybe the three of us should challenge her instead!
I ran this analysis.:becky:

First off, one or more members of "Team Husbands" and "Team Wives" have participated in a total of 46 Throwdowns.

Of these 46 Throwdowns, at least one member of "Team Husbands" made an entry in 42 of them, meaning that for 4 of them none of the husbands entered at all and lost that week by default. And yes, for each of those 4 weeks at least one member of "Team Wives" did compete.:becky:

However, when it comes to "Team Wives" participation, at least one member of "Team Wives" made an entry in 24 Throwdowns, meaning that for 22 Throwdowns none of the wives entered and therefore lost by default!:shock: And yes, for each of those 22 weeks that the wives did not enter, one of the husbands did compete!:shock:

So, if we only look at the Throwdowns where at least one of the husbands AND one of the wives competed, that gives us only 20 Throwdowns to look at where members from both teams competed.

So what are the numbers from these 20 Throwdowns you ask??? I'll tell you!:becky:

By number of total votes among the teams (sum of wives votes, sum of husbands votes) in each of these 20 Throwdowns:

Team Husbands won 6
Team Wives won 14

So there we have it!:bow:

Sorry fellas!

Sorry? This is the greatest news we've had in weeks! Guerry, Alan, we've actually beaten the wives! Granted it was probably when the three of us were ganging up on one of them, but still, we'll take what we can get!

:clap2: :first: :whoo:

Alright Gore, what are you doing for bread? :heh:

Sorry? This is the greatest news we've had in weeks! Guerry, Alan, we've actually beaten the wives! Granted it was probably when the three of us were ganging up on one of them, but still, we'll take what we can get!

:clap2: :first: :whoo:
Actually, there was only one time all 3 husbands competed against one wife (ecode) and won, that was the 2010 Beef Ribs Throwdown. Here were the vote totals:

Gore: 35
ecode: 11
deguerre: 0
Alan_in_Ga: 0

Gore, my recommendation is that you should trade the other 2 husbands for better players!:becky: They only dragged you down on that one! However, since it was all three of the guys against one girl, it was not fair so this one should not count. Sorry Gore, it looks like you lost this one after all!:drama:

In 2 of the Husbands wins, Gore and ecode were the only members of the husbands and wives to compete. BUT...4 of the Wives wins were also between only you two!:becky: Unfortunately Gore, as soon as you mention this to ecode, I imagine you will quickly realize that you never really won at all, so scratch those 2 as well (for your own good).

None of the Team Husbands wins had all husbands and wives competing in that Throwdown. Therefore all wins by Team Husbands were unbalanced. The only time all 6 of you entered a Throwdown was the 2010 With a Bone Throwdown, and the wives won that one 10 to 8. All 6 of you are entered in this Fatty Throwdown however, but so far it looks like Team Wives is going to beat you in that one too!:laugh:

Guerry, there has only been one week that the Husbands won in which you and Redhot were both entered...but you got a zero that week and Redhot got 4 votes!:laugh: The other time you both were entered together the Wives won, and you only got 1 vote! (probably to keep you from getting a zero):heh:

Alan, I'm afraid Team Husbands has never won when both you and Amber were entered that week. Sorry buddy.:drama: My recommendation would be if she enters a Throwdown that you sit it out for the team!:becky: (just kidding of course). There have been 5 times both you and Amber entered a Throwdown, and Team Wives won all 5 of them. Of those 5, Amber had more votes than you in 3 of them, and you were tied in another. That may lead you to believe you actually won the remaining one, but as a married man I am sure you are aware that you are never right, so you in fact lost that one no matter what the math says.

So, it seems no matter how you look at it, you guys have been really whipped by your wives!:heh::heh::heh:

Last edited:
These are facts I accepted long before the throwdowns but they are more fun when food is involved and a new year is coming...gotta get her drunk during the planning phase and turn these number around:thumb:

Back