• Smoky Spicy Crispy Wing Goodness

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've been craving wings of late, so yesterday I thought I'd whip up one of my favorite wing recipes: Spicy Sriracha Garlic Wings.

First, I blended cumin, coriander, sea salt, and olive oil, then coated the wings thoroughly in the spice mixture:

DSC_1307.jpg

I let the wings marinate in the spice mixture for a couple of hours.

Then, I fired up the drum for hot and fast and put the wings on:

DSC_1309.jpg

About 20 mins later:

DSC_1310.jpg

I pulled the wings after they cooked for about 30 mins.

The Missus took over at this point, and began deep frying the wings in batches:

DSC_1312.jpg

After they were finished:

DSC_1313.jpg

The final step was to toss the wings in the spicy Sriracha sauce, which I added 1/2 finely chopped jalapeno to for an extra kick.

Here's how they tuned out:

DSC_1315.jpg

DSC_1317.jpg

Everyone loved them!

Here's the recipe:

[FONT=&quot]Spicy Sriracha Garlic Wings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The basics:
* 4 pounds chicken wings, cut up (serves 4)
* 1-2 quarts vegetable oil for deep-frying[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the marinade:
* 1/4 cup ground coriander (4 Tbs)
* 1tsp ground cumin
* 1 1/4 Tbs kosher salt
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil(4 Tbs)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the sauce:
* 1/2 cup Hot Sriracha chili sauce
* 3/4 stick (6 tbl) unsalted butter, melted
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
* 4 large cloves garlic, minced[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Optional: One jalapeno finely chopped[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. In a large zip-lock bag, combine coriander, cumin, salt and olive oil. Toss in the wings and massage the bag to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight. Though the volume of the marinade seems small and barely coats the wings, it is critical to the success of this recipe.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Preheat drum or kettle grill to 325 degrees. Place wings in a single layer on cooking grate. Cook for about 30 minutes, until wings are firm, but not done. (They’ll finish cooking in the deep-fryer). Remove them from the cooker and place on a platter to dry before frying.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. In a clean bowl, blend cilantro, minced garlic, lime zest and juice, and melted butter. Add 1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, combine and set aside. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before saucing the wings so flavors have time to meld.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Working in small batches, deep-fry wings until crispy and browned, 2-4 min. Drain briefly on paper towels, then toss the hot wings in the sauce. Let the wings sit for 2-5 minutes before serving so the flavors soak into the wings.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Serve hot, on a platter with your favorite condiments[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](serves 4 – figure 1lb wings per person) [/FONT]

Best looking wings I seen in a while! Hope they tasted as good as they looked! Bravo!

Cheers
Doug-E-Q

Hey, that doesn't look like moving? And you used the grate! What's the deal with that? :tsk:

We still need to eat even though we're packing, silly! :blabla:

And just for the record, there's fire under that grate, so we're all good. :thumb:

You're doing it all backwards. You're supposed to eat pizza ON moving day.

We're moving Monday. Just finishing up final packing and such. Still trying to figure out what to cook over hot flames tonight! :rolleyes:

Wow those wings look phenomenal! Thanks for including the recipe I'm looking forward to trying them!

Back