• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Yeah, I don't think so....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
7fc8bfaf-fee2-47b4-b5e7-647efbae7f0b.jpg

Yeah it is really starting to hurt, that would be $70.00 for. 14 lb brisket...I agree no, no, no!

It's outrageous! In the last couple of years there have been a number of calves/young animals killed for their meat, right out in the pasture.
There is a growing population of illegal residents here (don't want to get into that debate) and some can not get work.
One way to put food on the table is to kill a younger animal and cut off a hind quarter, back loin or what ever can be carried.

It stinks!! I can see the need for food but there needs to be another way.

Hopefully the rise in beef prices won't cause an increase in this activity.

At first I didn't do the math and thought hmmmmm maybe that's cheap. But then I read down and saw that I am an idiot and maybe should lay off Bludawgs hydraulic sliders lol

One way to put food on the table is to kill a younger animal and cut off a hind quarter, back loin or what ever can be carried.

If you simply knock out the poor beast, cut off the quarter, sew it back up, and rename him "Lucky," he'll still be around til next time... :doh:

If you simply knock out the poor beast, cut off the quarter, sew it back up, and rename him "Lucky," he'll still be around til next time... :doh:

Living in Kansas, you don't clue what it's like dealing with these illegal criminals. Live near the border for a while and you will be singing a different tune. I don't mean to be rude.....it's just a fact. Don't be offended.

Jeanie is being nice, there is never a need to rustle. Sure, we all got to eat, but, we all don't have to eat beef when the price goes up. That is just plain stealing, and no compassion should be given.

These prices will be the new normal for a while, hard as it seems to accept.

Its real simple. If people don't buy 5 buck a pound brisket then in theory...
Okay, at what point did brisket become a premium cut.
Don't get me wrong, well cooked brisket is one of my favorite foods.

Hey works out great. Someone buys a $750 Traeger, throws a $70 hunk of meat on it, overcooks it, comes out tougher than a boy named Sue, gives up on BBQing and sells his smoker on Craigslist for $250 a year later.

I am actually anticipating that I will finally lose that extra weight, what with no longer being able to afford meat.

I think I am gonna cash in my 401K while they are still less than $3 / lb here

May I ask where?

I picked up 13 lbs at Walmart as an impulse buy for 2.99/lbs today. I've paid slightly more for choice.

Good sources are hard to come buy, if you don't mind sharing.

May I ask where?

I picked up 13 lbs at Walmart as an impulse buy for 2.99/lbs today. I've paid slightly more for choice.

Good sources are hard to come buy, if you don't mind sharing.

I was at my Wal-Mart and they haven't carried full packers in a while. All they had was flats for $6.50 a pound. I use to get packers at Wal-Mart for $2.35 a pound.

Back