Some nice Lamb Shanks!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
G'Day Bruces! :becky:

Last week I was lucky enough to come across these really good shanks in Costco at exceptional value!
20200627-124451.jpg

Thought I'd see how KC Mike's stuff rolls with Lamb!
20200627-125205.jpg

On the Weber with lump and oak.
20200627-154823.jpg

The plan was to pull these, so at about 165F they went into a pan with some further seasoning, white wine, garlic, thyme and mushrooms.
20200627-170117.jpg

Which worked out pretty well as you can see. I got them up to about 200F internal and then rested them in a cooler for 2 hours.
20200627-195754.jpg

I had this one whole... the spuds (I usually never eat spuds) were awesome with the Lamb.
20200627-195913.jpg

We didn't eat it all that night so I backed it up the next night with this:
20200628-200417.jpg

Ate that one right out of the pan. Who needs a plate!

FWIW, Oakridge goes really well with Lamb. I'm really glad I got a large bag of this. I'm going through it real fast!

Cheers and Thanks for looking!

Bill

Stunning,looks delicious
They are great shanks from costco arent they

Looks great, is that flooring that's been stained already you are using ? if its had stain put on I wouldn't use it. we don't see a lot of lamb/sheep offerings around here and when we do its crazy $ compared to beef

Looks great, is that flooring that's been stained already you are using ? if its had stain put on I wouldn't use it. we don't see a lot of lamb/sheep offerings around here and when we do its crazy $ compared to beef

The flooring? One pic shows vinyl flooring which is a cheap cover for my workbench. Gives me a food safe surface in the shed. The other "flooring" you might be talking about is my dining table. It's 60 years old. Belonged to my grandparents.

Those look great. Why don't you usually eat potatoes?

Potatoes are carb heavy. I've lost approx 80 pounds over 2 years and I'm pretty strict on what I eat. Those spuds got the best of me that night though!:pray:

Back