MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Default Good Smokin Luck!

I just wanted to be the last guy to say that insipid line.....
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 09-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
OneHump
is one Smokin' Farker

Did they finally put that turd of a show out of it's misery?
OneHump is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Last Ha it is with us forever

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Captain P.J.
Full Fledged Farker

Are they dumping that tool of a host? and going back to the first season format??

Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Skip
is Blowin Smoke!

I just threw up in mouth a little. He needs to go or change his approach. That is by far the most ridiculous catch phrase I have ever heard....did he think that one up on his own? Maybe he came up with it while he stared in the mirror trying to come up with the best face to make when he said "ELIMINATED!"

He's probably got a place and maybe some talent but he looks like a tool on this show. He's this seasons Paul.

For me I have to let go of the name. Drop the elimination and the BBQ from the name we'd all watch it. Take the sidewinder and spitfire challenge and change them to sponsor driven prizes. The winner of this spitfire challenge takes home a jacks old south or a years supply of Kingford. That would separate the real dish from the fo fo to fill space. I still have a horrible taste in my mouth from the first one. Heck I was cheering for those guys to do well. They were the hook for me and then, without tasting their pork, they went home because of a fish. Did anyone else just sink at that point. 10 minutes prior you are feeling bad seeing the burned out restaurant then...bye bye. Then you send Kyle home on brisket...come on.

Call it pitmasters and tout the BBQ pitmasters as such. This would open it up for other competitors to join in. Which opens up to guest celebrities, celebrity chefs and possibly a viewer competition to win a spot on the show. All things that could broaden the audience yet still bring in the core they started with.

There is still an audience for last seasons show. I just think its lost the BBQ Pitmaster title. Its may be more of a reality show. Following teams through the other stuff. Maybe an invite to hell weekend In the pits with the masters and profile teams at the royal or gab. One location one weekend film a number of high profile teams and some first timers. Should get the stuff you want from 6 teams.

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote