MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:13 AM   #1
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Need help finding any mods for Brinkman Stillwater.

Haven't had any time to do much more than look at the new Brinkman Stillwater this weekend. I put it by the door so I can at least see it as I go to work. I did a search for information on it on this site but couldn't find anything. That may have more to do with my inability to do a proper search than there not being any info. If anyone has one of these and or knows of any mods that need to be done I would apreciate knowing about them. I'll probably need a basket for it for those times when I want to use charcoal. Right now all it has is a small rectangular grate on the bottom of the fire box. Is that all I need for a stick fire? It looks like there is a place for another grate higher up near the top of the fire box but it didn't come with one. It would also be nice if there were a second (upper) shelf in the main large smoking chamber. Not that I need the extra space but it is nice to be able to place some things over other things to get a natural basting. Some one suggested fire bricks. What thickness of brick would I use and would they go in the smoke chamber as well as the fire box.

Thanks

Hoo

It was a brave man who first ate an oyster.
Brinkman Stillwater Limited, Great Outdoors Vertical charcoal.
Hoorenga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Get the grate up off the bottom of the firebox - my small horizontal lets me put the fire grate long way or short (across the firebox) to adjust the height.

If you do the firebrick thing get splits - the are thinner, lighter, and do the job.

Foor a second shelf in the horizontal -- measure the length and width of the chamber at the height you want the shelf. Go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, grill store, Walmart, etc. and buy a replacement cooking grate of the appropriate size - get some proper length bolts, and correct washers, nuts, etc. and make a shelf.

Another option would be rebar and expanded metal - but then comes cutting, welding etc.

But, please, cook something - soon! You don't need any of this to cook a chicken! :D

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
icemn62
Babbling Farker

1. start fire
2. let coals burn down
3. put burning coals in firbox
4. add meat
5. let meat cook.

If all else fails, just throw on a hotdog, but please cook something and make us all feel better.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2005, 06:16 AM   #4
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/inde...ght=mod+minion

Hoo, unless your firebox door fits much better than mine did, you might get some benefit from this mod I did on the Cimarron.
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquer
http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4 674&highlight=mod+minion

Hoo, unless your firebox door fits much better than mine did, you might get some benefit from this mod I did on the Cimarron.

(KC, check that thread.. did we loose a photo in there?)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote