• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The "Stall" Cures?

LongCast

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I've seen something posted somewhere about getting butts thru the "stall" around 150. I'd appreciate info on getting thru the stall.

thanks, I did a Google on the topic and got plenty info there (even the physics of the stall). I'm going to wrap after I get some bark next time. Appreciate the response.

thanks, I did a Google on the topic and got plenty info there (even the physics of the stall). I'm going to wrap after I get some bark next time. Appreciate the response.
There ya go! Sounds like you got it!

The stall is where all of the good stuff is happening, so don't worry about it. You can shorten it by cooking hotter or by foiling if you want to.

You forgot the obvious, "Build an UDS" ………. jeez, all the way to the 9th post.

But in reality Gore is right on, just indulge more and wait, I think it is a built in timer for added consumption.

Shut down the ignition and drink more beer! Honestly, I just push through it. I don't like to wrap unless I am ina hurry. If that is the case then by all means wrap. I prefer to let a cook take it's course. They all behave different, thank God. Otherwise it would be pretty boring around here!

Temp control unit and a nap? Just kidding... I prefer to just increase the temp if I need to get through it faster.

I've seen something posted somewhere about getting butts thru the "stall" around 150. I'd appreciate info on getting thru the stall.
I usually just crack another Lonestar and wait it out however I cook at 300+ and there is no stall to speak of. So about two beers is all I need.:heh:

My usual approach is "keep snoring because it's 4am".

Love my WSM. :-D

I didn't say how big the bottles where 1 beer is 32 oz:becky:
0003410000031_500X500.jpg

Back