MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
kcbbqfiend
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Advice on buffalo brisket

Howdy ya'all. Just had a friend gift Me 2 buffalo briskets and 2 roasts.

Having never smoked buffalo before, wondering if you all have any tips on the cooking of these? My beef briskets are always a hit and come out tender and delicious if I do say so Myself, but, with the buffalo being such a lean brisket, any tips?

I'm thinking low temp for a couple of hours to get good smoke in it, then foiling it to keep it from drying out until I get it to temp.

Other thoughts I've been mulling around is whether I should brine it for 24-48, or just rub it down night before and cook it. Was really shocked on how small the briskets were (4.5-6lbs) and really don't want to ruin them.
Any advice is greatly appreciated :D
Thanks!
Robert
kcbbqfiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

There was a Throw Down for buffalo. Click on the names of the entries to go to that particular cook post.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=107788
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
kcbbqfiend
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Will try to look through them in a bit, thanks!
kcbbqfiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
buffalotom
Full Fledged Farker

What I do is either inject or use Kosmos marinade over nite and then put strips of bacon on top. Smoke for a couple of hours, raise the temp to 300 to finish. Pull the bacon off and put what is left after you eat some in a pot of baked beans. Twice smoked bacon, and it keeps the brisket moist. But back to the brisket, I do wrap after IT of 160 while adding some liquid. If i do not have any buffalo broth I will add a little beef broth. Would like to know how yours turns out.
buffalotom is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Tags
brine, brisket, Buffalo, foil, smoke, time