MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
TheBBQJew
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : BBQ Jew
Default Samís Club Beef Short Ribs

Samís has a case of cryovac beef short ribs in stock. Iím interested in the plate short ribs aka dino ribs. Short ribs can come from 3 places... the back, the plate or the chuck. I believe these are the plate ribs. Can anyone confirm that has bought these before? They look like it. Iíd just like confirmation please. Thanks!

https://www.samsclub.com/p/case-sale...d=cart_product
TheBBQJew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Lynn Dollar
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Lynn

Forget this post. I should never post before Ive had coffee

Last edited by Lynn Dollar; 07-20-2019 at 10:17 AM..
Lynn Dollar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
Lynn Dollar
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Lynn

Well, plate and chuck are different cuts, this is from Texas A&M.

IMPS 130 Chuck Short Ribs four bone

https://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/130csrv/

IMPS 123A Beef Plate Short Rib three bone

https://aggiemeat.tamu.edu/123a-beef...-ribs-trimmed/

Last edited by Lynn Dollar; 07-20-2019 at 08:15 AM..
Lynn Dollar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
pharp
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBBQJew View Post
Samís has a case of cryovac beef short ribs in stock. Iím interested in the plate short ribs aka dino ribs. Short ribs can come from 3 places... the back, the plate or the chuck. I believe these are the plate ribs. Can anyone confirm that has bought these before? They look like it. Iíd just like confirmation please. Thanks!

https://www.samsclub.com/p/case-sale...d=cart_product
They typically sell the cryovac pacs with two plates per pack. So it sounds like that case will have 3-4 cryovacs. I am not sure but I believe once piece in the pack is 3 bones and the other is 4. They are very good I cooked them last week.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
jstrand
Full Fledged Farker

That was my experience last time I got them from Sams, one had 4 ribs the other 3. If your wanting the beef ribs you see everyone cooking then yes those are them.
jstrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #6
arclite
is one Smokin' Farker

Reads like they could either be chuckies, plates or a combination of both.

I really need to visually inspect what I'm getting if I'm buying warehouse meat, especially choice grade. Short ribs can often be way too fatty, yielding little meat compared to what you pay.

Although chucks and plates come from different parts of the beast, I and others often confuse people (and ourselves) by calling chucks, "plates."

At the store I generally go for 4 rib chucks. The only time I get plates is when they are either on sale, or from a high-end butcher that will cut the ribs with some meat on them.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #7
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

Definitely get them and smoke them you won't be disappointed.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

these are the ones you want from Sam's club , they are a two pack of three ribs each .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6660.jpg (70.7 KB, 440 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6673.jpg (78.8 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7373.jpg (91.6 KB, 430 views)

Shirley Fabrication 24 X 36 Patio Smoker Proto Type

T&K Small Reverse Flow Cabinet Smoker
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:08 AM   #9
TheBBQJew
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for the information. They sold the last case today but I ordered them and they will be here Tuesday. Since I couldn't look at the ribs myself I asked the attendant he said they come in cryo packs of 3 and 4 ribs. So Im thinking they are both plate and chuck ribs. The 4 pack IMPS 130 being ribs 2,3,4,5 of the chuck end and IMPS 123A being ribs 6,7,8 from the plate.

BBQ Freak.... this are them and they look awesome! I’ll post up some pics before our feast Wednesday!

Old 07-21-2019, 07:45 AM   #10
WeberWho
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrand View Post
That was my experience last time I got them from Sams, one had 4 ribs the other 3. If your wanting the beef ribs you see everyone cooking then yes those are them.
Did you have to buy a whole box of them? I don't think I've seen them for sale at the local MN Sams location
WeberWho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #11
pharp
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeberWho View Post
Did you have to buy a whole box of them? I don't think I've seen them for sale at the local MN Sams location
You might ask. Usually they are in the case but sold sliced super thin for maybe Korean BBQ or something. If they have them they usually make you buy a cryovac pack (2 pieces) but not the whole case.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:48 AM   #12
WeberWho
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp View Post
You might ask. Usually they are in the case but sold sliced super thin for maybe Korean BBQ or something. If they have them they usually make you buy a cryovac pack (2 pieces) but not the whole case.
Good to know. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #13
TheBBQJew
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeberWho View Post
Guy at the counter said they can always be ordered. You only have to buy one cryopack which is one pack of 3 and one pack of 4. A case is 8 packs. Im going to freeze them. Once I tried these I swore I never cook another brisket again. All the meat tastes like the point and you canít screw they up. Very easy to cook. Much shorter cooking time. Itís just m3 and my wife so if we cook a packer brisket weíre good for a few weeks with meat. Donít really enjoy the flat!

Old 07-21-2019, 05:16 PM   #14
WeberWho
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBBQJew View Post
Guy at the counter said they can always be ordered. You only have to buy one cryopack which is one pack of 3 and one pack of 4. A case is 8 packs. Im going to freeze them. Once I tried these I swore I never cook another brisket again. All the meat tastes like the point and you canít screw they up. Very easy to cook. Much shorter cooking time. Itís just m3 and my wife so if we cook a packer brisket weíre good for a few weeks with meat. Donít really enjoy the flat!
Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #15
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

My Sam's doesn't normally carry them, but they ship free and can be ordered with a short lead time of 24 hours, but never a problem with 48 hours. They are really hyping special ordering so I need to visit with them and see if it's mandatory to purchase a case or not. I do know with prime briskets, they order a case and let me buy individual ones. Here is the description and photo from NAMP of what you are after.

KCBS - CBJ & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->