MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #61
BChawg
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Congrats from Clark Kent

Congrats Boondoggle---I think I'll let you cook the pig next time. Your win motivated me to send my 1st ever Brethren post. The look on your face was priceless!

Clark
BChawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #62
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BChawg View Post
Congrats Boondoggle---I think I'll let you cook the pig next time. Your win motivated me to send my 1st ever Brethren post. The look on your face was priceless!

Clark
Hey Clark welcome! I noticed you did pretty well that day too! Top 50 right? Way to go!
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #63
BChawg
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks--we had a good run across the board for us, I really meant to stop in and say hello to you and alot of others, but can't seem to make it out of my own spot except for an occasional visit to the Porta John! The wind kept me on my toes at this one--Holy Moly

PS I'll be up in Aimes 3rd week in October, we should get together and have some dinner, etc. How are you liking the new FEC's?

Clark
BChawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #64
Useless
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
Thanks everyone. For once, I'm speechless. But I do know that we could not have done it without this forum. Reading the forum, checking out turn in pics, cooking with some of you and hearing input from the countless brothers out there were a huge part of our weekend.
Congrats, any pics of your turn in's?
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #65
The Giggler
is one Smokin' Farker

Big Congrats to KC Bobby and DMDon of Boondoggle! You guys did your thing. The brisket and ribs ROCKED! I guess the judges thought so too. What is most impressive, was how calm the guys were during turn ins. Last minute decisions/discussions on brisket were razor sharp, and I believe that made the difference. Confident coolness.

How about that $8.00 investment turning into $12,500+?!?! And I believe you made some money in the other two categories as well? Hopefully, Kingsford matches those too. A big weekend.

The hospitality at Boondoggle was also second to none. Thanks a bunch for the Templeton and Boulevard IPA! Great meeing you guys and sharing some time over the weekend, and looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Competitive Cook-Contest Organizer-Promoter of Smoke and Fire

Boston Hills BBQ Fest
www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com

PROUD to support Great Lakes BBQ Supply - www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com
The Giggler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #66
bayoustylebbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Boondoggle!... Great job y'll... What a great win for a great team!

Proud owner: 4' Southern Yankee with grill and warming box, Weber performer, 20 gallon Jambalya pot, 120 quart Crawfish Boil Pot! :biggrin:
bayoustylebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #67
PigBoy
Full Fledged Farker

I want to congratulate you also! It was so cool to see you guys win- you've worked so hard to be the best you can be. And now you can say you are THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

Pork Pullin Plowboys
www.plowboysbbq.com
www.hinckfarms.com

Traeger 200, Kingfisher Commercial, Bandera, Weber Kettle
PigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #68
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Giggler View Post
Big Congrats to KC Bobby and DMDon of Boondoggle! The hospitality at Boondoggle was also second to none. Thanks a bunch for the Templeton and Boulevard IPA! Great meeing you guys and sharing some time over the weekend, and looking forward to seeing you guys again.
These are two of the best... they have earned it! they have worked hard this year!!! And they are great guys to boot. cant beat it!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #69
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

Wow, the last 48 hours have been a blur. Giddy one minute, in disbelief the next. Surreal ... like a 12 year old dreaming about scoring the winning TD in the big game.

So many highlights to the entire event, Sunday was just the icing on the cake. Wednesday night sharing a few beers and a shot with Damnit Andy. Thursday was fun hanging with some great BBQ friends I've been fortunate enough to meet over the past few years and some even minutes prior. Friday I had an outstanding time with family and some longtime friends while we started the night at our spot then a few of us did some party hopping - thanks to those of you who invited us in for socializing. Saturday I was able to cheer on many friends as they were bringing in Invitational turns ins and while receiving their awards, then the Invite winner letting me wear the crown and hold the trophy so I could feel how heavy it was. And Sunday - OMG.

Some other things that I will always remember about the weekend:

Trying to figure out what Skip was saying all week ... I need to work on my NE accent deciphering. Sorry Skip

Alcoholosophizing with MooCow late Friday night/Saturday morning

Borrowing Early Bird's bike for a spin about 2:00 am. And flying into Tippy Canoe's space just under Mach 1.

Then challenging Giggler to a Top Chef sausage challenge was another part of the weekend I'll never forget. That was a lot of fun.

Getting the call from the Grand Poobah himself.

Sunday night bale burning with the Iowa Regional Brethren Chapter.

Meeting so many new friends throughout the weekend face to face - incredible. I don't know how many weekends that I'll remember in 50 years, but this was definitely one of them thanks to the many people that I had the pleasure to spend time with.

EDIT: how could I forget ... being fortunate enough to compete as a team with my brother (even if the ribs and brisket outscored the chicken and pork by .0004)
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

Last edited by KC_Bobby; 10-06-2009 at 11:55 PM..
KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #70
nancee
is one Smokin' Farker

Great showing by all Brethren...congrats to all!!!
Todd, can I say I knew you when...<g>?
ISS...damn you're good
KC Bobby and Cracker...how di you do that?!?!?
Again, fantastic finishes...many congrats
Nancee
nancee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #71
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BChawg View Post
Thanks--we had a good run across the board for us, I really meant to stop in and say hello to you and alot of others, but can't seem to make it out of my own spot except for an occasional visit to the Porta John! The wind kept me on my toes at this one--Holy Moly

PS I'll be up in Aimes 3rd week in October, we should get together and have some dinner, etc. How are you liking the new FEC's?

Clark
I hear you about not being able to make it out of your spot. Between all the company we have and everything there is to do, I struggled to get out as well.

I have not even plugged them in yet. We just moved two weeks ago and have spent the last two weekends at competitions, so things have been crazy busy for us. I am looking forward to practicing on them all winter, though.

Let me know when you are coming up. OUr house my not be in shape to have you over, but maybe we could go out or something.
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]

Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #72
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post

Trying to figure out what Skip was saying all week ... I need to work on my NE accent deciphering. Sorry Skip
I don't know if anyone has ever listening to the NPR show "Car Talk", but I thought it was uncanny how Skip sounded exactly like one of "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers"! It was great to meet you and your wife this weekend Skip!
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy

Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #73
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats Bobby and Don!!!! I was really glad to have you guys as neighbors. Next time I'll stick around longer while you are prepping meat. Thanks for letting the girls wear the crown for a little bit, you made their day! Sorry the "Maid Service" didn't come around to help you break down.

Jimmy - Congrats on the RGC!!! It was great meeting you. Hopefully we'll see you in FL sometime soon.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #74
Paola Greg
Full Fledged Farker

Bob and Don, congratulations on your awesome win! I'm really happy for you.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #75
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westexbbq View Post
Nice going folks,
congratulations Jimmy and all y'all.
Thanks bro
missed ya this year
smokincracker is offline   Reply With Quote