NJ State Championship 7/24-25

S

SmokeInDaEye

For those not attending Harpoon this year, I just received my application for the second annual Blues and BBQ Festival at the Monmouth Country Fair, July 24-25, a NJ State Championship.

This was a very cook friendly contest last year (despite a no liquor policy) with some good prize money. Note that since this is held on the grounds of a HUGE fair (swimming pigs and chainsaw carving included), space is extremely limited.

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2009&month=07&id=1624

Do you have to write an essay?
Because by now you know I am pretty shy and could be at a loss for words:shock:

Nope, unless you really want to. FYI, prize money is $2,500 Grand Champ, 1,500 reserve, $800 first, $400 second, $200 third, $100 fourth and $75 fifth.

Hey Ray why do you care your retired ? I think you need some counseling over that RGC non Trophy thing you seem to have taken it very hard. Have you tried rubbing that blue rhino stuff into your temples ?

I'll be counting change and drinking beer that weekend...

I'll be counting change and drinking beer that weekend...

Nice! Someday I'll make it to Harpoon, just watching my travel and expenses this year with a trip to the Royal, etc.

Hey Ray why do you care your retired ? I think you need some counseling over that RGC non Trophy thing you seem to have taken it very hard. Have you tried rubbing that blue rhino stuff into your temples ?

Steve I actually chuckled to myself, very funny:!:

And Yes I do need to have more of a sence of humor about it.
But I do think it needs to be said and express that not everyone drinks the Harpoon Kool-aide.

Ray, they have a RSG trophy in New Jersey in case you're looking to un retire. Here's last year's RGC, Lo and Slo, with the trophy.

1-1.jpg

CIMG0194.jpg

They have one at Harpoon also. Here's Ted receiving it last year...
Picture095-1.jpg

Et tu, Brute?

Mike comon? and the reason is because someone complained...

Me too? If your asking if I like Harpoon, then yes, me to...and don't call me Brutus. :-D
You complained about no RGC trophy now they have one. Well done. People also complained about prize money, now there's $5000 and calls trough 10th place. Nice!

Back