Mojoed Sammies Sat & Dinos Sun

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did a couple of decent cooks over the weekend, both of them had been a long time coming. One of RumR’s most admired cooks for me anyways was the butts cut up in eights and cooked Cuban style with Mojo. I guess you could say I mojoed these country style ribs and boy did they make some good sammiches. I definitely got the fat rendered out of these ribs but they were still not dry and by the time you applied a bunch of the mojoed mayo both on the bun and drizzled on the meat, you couldn’t ask for better. I gotta get off this bean / corn stuff till the maters start coming in at least and the peppers should be ready about the same time which is real good cause I’m having a hard time getting this hot enough and plan to pour the peppers to it next time. I used a commercial mojo and just cut the ribs into cubes and placed in a gal bag along with the marinade and one of them long – fresh cayenne peppers chopped fine for about 3 hours (would have rather had it in there overnight) then browned in the Jr before going indirect in a covered half pan with more mojo till they were done. I don’t know why I haven’t done the dino bones more often cause I love em. I did these 2-1-1 with a heavy rub or 3 and applied some honey mustard for a glaze at the end and had one goal all along and that was to not overcook em. Set Jr at 300 from start to finish. I’ve lost a setting somewhere along the line on my little NV24hd camera as the pics are getting worst all the time. That red cutting board did help none either.

SDC10587.jpg

SDC10596.jpg

SDC10599.jpg

SDC10601.jpg

SDC10603.jpg

SDC10606.jpg

SDC10609.jpg

SDC10610.jpg

Looks great! I almost bought some mojo marinade yesterday but I've never tasted it so I just figured I'd pick it up next time. I think it was the GOYA brand. Any suggestions as to what is good to marinate with it other than pork?

Back