Getting Back in the Saddle..

El Ropo

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hey all! Been trying to start posting cooks for a while now. I used to be very active back in 2012-2014ish. Been quiet since then, but am going to start getting creative and take some pics of the processes.

For now, all I have is this morning's spare rib cook. SIMPLE SIMPLE, Oakridge Competition rub on a full rack of spares. No peeking, no spritzing, no foil, no paper, just nekkid for 4.5 hours at around 270ish.

I feel this is one of the better results on ribs I've had in the past few years. What do you think?

oI9oAMH.jpg

Looks great! Simple ribs always test better to me, let's the pork and smoke shine

Thanks all. I forgot to mention I went with half Apple and half cherry for wood chunks in the 22.5" WSM, and went a bit heavy with the wood. There were about twelve 1/3 fist sized chunks buried in the coal base in hopes that most of them would start fireing after the warmup/settle in phase.

I'm also cooking a 11 lb Pork Butt with a huge Money Muscle, but have run out of time. Gotta be at work at 4am, so I'm improvising for tomorrow afternoon on that one.

The ribs look great, but it's GREAT to see you, man! I cracked a grin when I saw your name, "hey THIS guy!!!"!

Back