MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #226
nthole
Babbling Farker

It's that time of year again! Time site down, have a cold one, smell some sweet blue, and put a few nickels into the computer to keep things here running (well don't actually shove nickels into your computer...that might make things stop working for you).

Just re-up'd my subscription today. Remember to check your expiration date and take care of it before it expires!
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #227
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Just re-up'd mine, too! A month late from the anniversary but better late than never!
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #228
DaveT
Full Fledged Farker

I antied up today Sorry guys I am the biggest procrastinator I know Great site, Great people, Great Q advice.
DCS Gasser
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #229
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Sorry to say this, but I am beginning to really hate this place.

The more I am here, the more I want to:
eat
cook
buy bbq tools
buy more meats
try more recipes
trade more sauces/rubs
stay out of work and cook
spend more money on comps
buy more bbq toys
spend more money on, well, you know the rest.....

I just renewed my subscription as well.... even bumped it up a level.

If you haven't gotten around to subscribing yet, you need to... I know for some, money is really tight now. But, as soon as you can, at least get the basic subscription, it is well worth it, and it only helps make this place even better.

We have the best group of moderators and owner's there is for a forum, and they will take care of us. I have been on several forums, and believe me, this one is the BEST....

Advertising mod off now... Phil, you can thank me later. Oh, you already did, I see the extra stars and beers below my name now....

Thanks all.
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #230
Porchpup
Full Fledged Farker

I just want it to be known that I have never, nor have I ever intended to pay to be on a Internet Talk Forum.
With that said, this one is worth the subscription price. I have sent my donation to keep this place up and running.
I love this place and feel that it is worth the expense. I now feel like a Brethren and hope to stick around a while.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #231
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porchpup View Post
I just want it to be known that I have never, nor have I ever intended to pay to be on a Internet Talk Forum.
With that said, this one is worth the subscription price. I have sent my donation to keep this place up and running.
I love this place and feel that it is worth the expense. I now feel like a Brethren and hope to stick around a while.
Thank you.

and everyone else who is helping out too.. Although I havent gotten the latest bill yet and I'm not sure of the exact $$ figure, our expenses went up in 2009 due to the splitting of our servers and the requirement of a new bandwidth pipe. A heartfelt and gracious thanks to all that are helping out. Its really really appreciated and takes a burden off me.

some new stuff coming up too... keep your eyes peeled for the announcment.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #232
Cigarbque
Full Fledged Farker

Just joined up via PayPal. This place is fantastic. Don't mind helping out with the cost of it.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #233
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarbque View Post
Just joined up via PayPal. This place is fantastic. Don't mind helping out with the cost of it.

Thanks, brother!!

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #234
chaos0013
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarbque View Post
Ditto. Work in IT so know how costs can pile up for stuff like this.
chaos0013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #235
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Thank you.

some new stuff coming up too... keep your eyes peeled for the announcment.
You're not actually thinking of going through with the "Two Reach Arounds for $5 Membership Drive" are you?

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #236
CAustin919

Thumbs up

After being around a couple of weeks I decided to pony up for a subscription. First time I have ever given money for a forum. The Brethren definitely have a very cool thing here. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #237
udoughguy
is one Smokin' Farker

I am happy to help support this forum. I have learned so much in a very short time. Besides it makes me feel like I truly am a part of this Brethren.
KCBS/MBJ#9208
3-UDS
Traeger pellet pooper
Weber 22" kettle
and a stick burner
udoughguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #238
iceman78
Full Fledged Farker

After finding out that the Missus and I get to keep our jobs (we are both teachers who felt the pinch of layoff notices in debt-ridden California!) We both were notified that we are reinstated... therefore I am officially a subscribing member!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black] 09 WSM, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]'10 BGE Small, 08 Brinkman[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]; 93 Performer, 02 Performer, 2000 Platinum;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]79 Grey, 97 Black, 99 Black, Yellow, Simpsons, Lime Green, 94 Green;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]04 Grillware, 05 Genesis sunk in 1940s Coke machine, 11 Weber Q 200;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]Mountain Dew Can, 05 Baseball, Coleman Green, 11 Coleman Blue, 04 Coleman Roadtrip[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black], 01 Smokey Joe, 02 Smokey Joe[/COLOR][/FONT]
iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #239
spicewine
Babbling Farker

Thanks to everyone !!! I knew my Brothers would step up to the plate and I have sent my donation in as well.

Spice

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009 & 2017

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #240
ZBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I re-up'd my family support back in March but forgot to post it here.

I even bumped it up a level!

Gotta take care of family!!

Thanks Phil, and everyone else that takes care of this place too!!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue][B][COLOR=red]Big Z's Sweet Gold[/COLOR] -[/B] [COLOR=black]R[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Georgia]ich honey mustard flavor with a BBQ kick. [/FONT][/FONT]
Great on chicken, burgers, brats, great on ribs too!
Get ya some @ [URL="http://www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=10"]Great Lakes BBQ Supply Co.[/URL]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Palatino Linotype]WSM, Weber Gasser, Weber OTG[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=black]"Tilly"[/COLOR][/FONT] - Spicewine Single Axle[/FONT]
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Zs-Sweet-Gold/115561446787?ref=nf"][COLOR=#810081]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Zs-Sweet-Gold/115561446787?ref=nf[/COLOR][/URL]

[/FONT]
ZBQ is offline   Reply With Quote