MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

View Poll Results: Which Lang
Lang 36 Deluxe $1395 7 11.67%
Lang 36 $1095.00 3 5.00%
Lang 48 $1895.00 50 83.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #46
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

LOL. No he wont.
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #47
Chopper Duke
Got Wood.

Congrats on the SF! I was looking at Lang and ended up with a Gator. I'm glad I DIDN'T get a Lang!!!

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #48
GoolsbyMD
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz4bbq View Post
Good luck... you'll wish you got a Lang!!
Time will tell but getting a larger smoker with two pull out 22x44 shelves, 3 therms (my request), a 3/8 thick FB, removable shelf l, cooking chamber gaskets, and a charcoal basket for less than a lang 48 it will be hard. When I called lang they wouldnt do custom work and sent me to a random sales lady who couldn't answer my questions. But what are the reasons you think I'll wish I got a Lang for? The patented griddle baffle plate? After talking to Paul he is an honest man and I believe 100% he will deliver nothing less than my expectations.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:10 AM   #49
awscwi
Full Fledged Farker

I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoolsbyMD View Post
After talking to Paul he is an honest man and I believe 100% he will deliver nothing less than my expectations.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #50
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper Duke View Post
Congrats on the SF! I was looking at Lang and ended up with a Gator. I'm glad I DIDN'T get a Lang!!!
I looked hard at a Lang for several months. After seeing Pauls work I called him up and after talking to him for 15 minutes I ordered a cooker from him. People who say he will be sorry has either not seen Pauls work, or dont know what they are looking at.
Im glad I didnt buy a smoker because of the name on the side of it. ALL of Pauls customers will tell you the same thing.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #51
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqwilly View Post
I looked hard at a Lang for several months. After seeing Pauls work I called him up and after talking to him for 15 minutes I ordered a cooker from him. People who say he will be sorry has either not seen Pauls work, or dont know what they are looking at.
Im glad I didnt buy a smoker because of the name on the side of it. ALL of Pauls customers will tell you the same thing.

Thanks Will, I will take up for me and Tyler in this since the gentleman that spoke does not know anything about me and Tyler. I will put our pits up against any of what I consider as far as craftsmanship the best.. Klose, Gator, Jambo, Pittts by JJ and I know there are many more. Those are all excellent Quality pitts as far as craftsmanship..... when you are a master craftsman it takes only one look for me to know craftsmanship As far as a griddle it is nothing more than a baffle plate made of 1/4" steel with a name attached to it... Lang is a great cooker but... so are ours and I believe in the future the proof will be in the pudding

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #52
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I have a Lang 60 Deluxe and love it. Got it from a Brethren at a real good price.
At the time I was new here and didn't really know about Paul and his cookers.
There is NO question in my mind my next cooker will be made by Paul and Ty, their craftsmanship is above and beyond any commercially produced cooker. And you can have it built any way you want it!!!!

It's really not right of any of you to say "you'll wish you'd gotten this" before you've seen and read the awesome reviews these two have gotten

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #53
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
I have a Lang 60 Deluxe and love it. Got it from a Brethren at a real good price.
At the time I was new here and didn't really know about Paul and his cookers.
There is NO question in my mind my next cooker will be made by Paul and Ty, their craftsmanship is above and beyond any commercially produced cooker. And you can have it built any way you want it!!!!

It's really not right of any of you to say "you'll wish you'd gotten this" before you've seen and read the awesome reviews these two have gotten
Thats exactly right.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #54
Drake
Full Fledged Farker

While never have cooked on a Lang, I have seen several of them. While the quality isn't poor, the Shirley Fab smokers are much better as far as design and quality. This is coming from someone who has seen both up close. I don't want to put down lang or their owners, I'm sure they are fine cookers. But my money went to Shirley Fabrication.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #55
TheBill
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoolsbyMD View Post
Time will tell but getting a larger smoker with two pull out 22x44 shelves, 3 therms (my request), a 3/8 thick FB, removable shelf l, cooking chamber gaskets, and a charcoal basket for less than a lang 48 it will be hard. When I called lang they wouldnt do custom work and sent me to a random sales lady who couldn't answer my questions. But what are the reasons you think I'll wish I got a Lang for? The patented griddle baffle plate? After talking to Paul he is an honest man and I believe 100% he will deliver nothing less than my expectations.
Notice how nobody states WHY you should have got a lang? I got the same thing on this bord when I was trying to decide between lang and yoder. Nobody really told me why lang was so much better.

I would have done what you did, got a bigger smoker for the same price...with high praise on craftsmanship on said smoker.
TheBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #56
CHUNKEYLOVER
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default 36" deluxe

Im thinking about ordering the 36" patio deluxe, do the grates slide out on this model?
Also does anybody know of a good place to get wood in so cal?
CHUNKEYLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #57
bluzieq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackman View Post
+1 bought the 36, wish I had bought the 48
Same here.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #58
Garyt
Found some matches.

I have had a Lang 48D for about 4 years and couldn't be happier, the size is perfect for me and I would buy it again in a heart beat. I also added the direct heat option so I can open the 2 vents on top of the firebox and really heat up the warmer.
Garyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #59
Waterboy12
Full Fledged Farker

Opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one and they all stink, it's different strokes for different folks. It's the same reason everybody recommends a UDS, when the OP is asking about a stick burner. The guys that own Langs own them for a reason(my self included). However after seeing Tyler and Paul's work, I would have def gave them a call had I know. About them before hand. Don't cut somebody down because they didn't buy what you did, or didn't go out and buy something the second you suggested it, it just simply means they have there own butt hole.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #60
grillinguy247
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEYLOVER View Post
Im thinking about ordering the 36" patio deluxe, do the grates slide out on this model?
Also does anybody know of a good place to get wood in so cal?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...rGTvoYqT9E7dQQ

Transplanted Texan

Chad
grillinguy247 is offline   Reply With Quote