• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CyberQ WiFi Web Service Info (Super Nerdy)

Just because I can, I'm going to try to get a really basic hack of stoker_mon (https://www.ebower.com/docs/stoker_mon/) working tonight. I've already got some parts of it cleaned up from when I had my Rocks unit but it still needs lots of work. (The original dev peppered shell scripting with php via random execs. Even for simple things like "find a file." Its terrifying..)

palmtree,

Very nice! I have it running now. I have some wild boar sitting in a brine in my cooler and the CyberQ is monitoring the water temp. I'll be smoking it tomorrow and really test this out. Good job.

Is anyone working on an Android App? I started one, pretty basic right now, just echo's out the actual temps. Stopped when I realized that I'd need to page scrape the index for the set points (i assume that's what you did for the .net version?). If no one is working on an android app I'll get back at it. Really wish CyberQ would open up the API a bit more.

Chad

Just joined this forum. Lots of great info here.
I just received my Cyber Q WiFI and will try this web app out. I actually built something similar from a data logger that i have been using but really like the wifi capabilities of this unit.

The program works great thank you so much for building this program.
Is there a way to save the chart or export to excel?

Thanks Palm. Can't wait to use it this holiday week on some brisket. Much appreciated. Can't wait to see what ya'll do on apps as well. Hope your getting BBQ Guru's attention.

palmtree,

Is anyone working on an Android App? I started one, pretty basic right now, just echo's out the actual temps. Stopped when I realized that I'd need to page scrape the index for the set points (i assume that's what you did for the .net version?). If no one is working on an android app I'll get back at it. Really wish CyberQ would open up the API a bit more.

Chad

If you build an android app that can export charts, I'll happily pay at least $5 for it :)

The lack of graphing etc has me wishing I'd gotten the cyberq ii instead. The wifi feels very unfinished, both firmware and physically.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If you build an android app that can export charts, I'll happily pay at least $5 for it :)

The lack of graphing etc has me wishing I'd gotten the cyberq ii instead. The wifi feels very unfinished, both firmware and physically.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Palms windows app graphs the temps. I'll look into graphing need to see how much battery its going to use polling the CyberQ. I agree on the firmware, the WebGUI is very SLOW. I had Palms app hitting the page, my web browser open and it would take forever for it to return results to my phone's browser. They marked this thing to 'bbq teams' to monitor temps 3-4 people monitoring real time would probably kill it.

chad

The program works great thank you so much for building this program.
Is there a way to save the chart or export to excel?
All the chart data is saved in a database on your PC. So, I can add a feature to export the data to Excel.

For now, you can export the Chart from the Print facility...

CyberQWifiExcel.png

Palms windows app graphs the temps. I'll look into graphing need to see how much battery its going to use polling the CyberQ. I agree on the firmware, the WebGUI is very SLOW. I had Palms app hitting the page, my web browser open and it would take forever for it to return results to my phone's browser. They marked this thing to 'bbq teams' to monitor temps 3-4 people monitoring real time would probably kill it.

chad
Yep, agreed. Oh, you can call me Rick :grin:

The program is working well. I am using it on a Smokin-It model #3 smoker that i have converted to use a PID controller to maintain the temp. The reason i would like to export the temps to excel is so that i can better average the temps over the cook period.

With the PID controller sometimes you have to do a compensate on the average of the cook. With the Cyber Q and you program it is a really great deal.

I suggest you place a paypal donate button on your website. I would further donate to this program.

Again many thanks

The program is working well. I am using it on a Smokin-It model #3 smoker that i have converted to use a PID controller to maintain the temp. The reason i would like to export the temps to excel is so that i can better average the temps over the cook period.

With the PID controller sometimes you have to do a compensate on the average of the cook. With the Cyber Q and you program it is a really great deal.

I suggest you place a paypal donate button on your website. I would further donate to this program.

Again many thanks
I have no life, I'm actually working on that now. :cool:

All the chart data is saved in a database on your PC. So, I can add a feature to export the data to Excel.

For now, you can export the Chart from the Print facility...

CyberQWifiExcel.png
Ok, I just uploaded a new version with cook data exporting and some other features.
Note: Sorry, you will need to un-install the previous version first.

Excellent! I will go and get it now :)

This is the Brisket i smoked overnight unattended

Attachments

• Brisket 6-30-12.jpg
    Brisket 6-30-12.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 335
Palm, I don't have a guru wifi just yet (have the digiq ii but trying to find a reason to upgrade), but does that status XML u mentioned in the the first post come by default as part of the web app or is that something you built from parsing the page HTML?

The brikset i cooked is on an electric smoke using a PID temp control unit i built. It will stay pretty steady through out the cook. The Cyber Q and your program now give me the extra data i was missing. So i this last brisket i took off at 185 around 8:30am stored in a cooler till 5pm and it was still warm enough to eat.

Back