MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:59 PM   #31
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

My favorite set-up is the truck camper/porch trailer combo (smaller foot print) if you have a diesel truck. I live on a narrow block and refuse to store anything, so I cannot get a porch trailer because I can't make the turn backing into my yard.

I do have the truck camper, and an enclosed trailer and it takes me a couple of hours to clean-up as I am solo most comps.

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #32
ffemtreed
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
My favorite set-up is the truck camper/porch trailer combo (smaller foot print) if you have a diesel truck. I live on a narrow block and refuse to store anything, so I cannot get a porch trailer because I can't make the turn backing into my yard.

I do have the truck camper, and an enclosed trailer and it takes me a couple of hours to clean-up as I am solo most comps.

We are building a very similar setup. Bought a small light truck camper this year that has a bed, shower, bathroom, Hotwater and AC / Heat. Next year we are adding a porch trailer to haul behind us with a prep kitchen and smoker. Trying to keep our overall length under 40 feet since that is the space most of the comps around here have. The goal is not to have to unhook, just pull in, plug in electrical and water and be ready to go.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:37 AM   #33
FashionBiff
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

West coast you see a lot of toy haulers, you have the comfort of personal space, AC and facilities plus you can easily haul your pit(s) Also great for traveling. Other version is using an enclosed trailer your size choice which you could set up for the wife. Not as comfy as a toy hauler but lots cheaper.
Truck and trailer you can drive for supplies, RV makes a quick run to the store almost impossible.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #34
backdraftbbq
Full Fledged Farker

I have a porch trailer, 8' porch, 12' box, 3' V nose. It's set up for vending too. Works very well. Getting ready to sell it because I'm going in a different direction with smokers is I need to get one that works with the smoker better.
Rec Tec Mini
Gateway Drum
24' Freedom Enclosed Porch Trailer
Flame Boss
Mike's Hot Honey
Grill Grates
backdraftbbq is offline   Reply With Quote