MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Default Business Plan is FINISHED...Sort Of....

Well, its been a long time coming but I finally finished our business plan for our catering operations. Were trying to qualify for some grants and loans to be able to purchase our mobile kitchen and smoker. Never written one of these so its been interesting.

The sort of part is that each grant or loan wants specific things which means I have to tweek the original business plan. Thankfully I have a friend who was a bank president for 7 years and his wife is the current CEO of the hospital here and they have agreed to look at the plan for us and give us suggestions or comments.

I also have a meeting with the SBA manager to go over our plan and start applying and submitting it. Here's hoping that something good comes as a result

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

That's a big step. Congrats on actually doing it and good luck.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Thats great man also look to see if your county has any economic developement loans avalilable. They are esier to obtain with the state of the economy now. This is one angle I am working on.Good luck
Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Bigdog

Best of luck to ya Bossman.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
Thats great man also look to see if your county has any economic developement loans avalilable. They are esier to obtain with the state of the economy now. This is one angle I am working on.Good luck
Thanks Brother, I'll Check with the SBA when they come over Tuesday Night and see whats available!

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Old 01-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
fevoice
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Biz Plan Finished

Alright Chuck!

Just started working on my biz plan for catering op up here in Boulder. As a member of the Boulder Chamber, I'm going to tap into our SBA people and get their input. Just bought into a small BBQ joint (which is closed) and will use it as my commissary. I'm psyched! Buying an FEC-500 within the next month or two.

Hope to bump into you at Steve Marrs "Qing for a Cure" in May.

Blessings,

Frank Eriksen
[URL="http://www.roaringforkbbq.com"]www.roaringforkbbq.com[/URL]
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
fevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
jvreeland
Got Wood.

As someone who has written two or three of those Business Plans I can concur there is nothing better then having it done!

The rest is all downhill after the business plan is written! Good Luck!
jvreeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
Smokin Turkey
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats! As someone who did the same thing over nearly a 2 year period and finally made the leap May 08, good luck!

PS- Sorry but your business plan will never be "finished." You will always need to keep that up to date to apply for credit, loans, show people who may want to invest, but you should take a little time every year (so I'm told) just to update and see how you are following on your goals.

Good luck and keep us up!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
Bigmista

Awesome! MrsMista keeps poking at me to get mine done. Guess I will have to get to it in the midst of the other 20 million things we do.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Awesome! MrsMista keeps poking at me to get mine done. Guess I will have to get to it in the midst of the other 20 million things we do.
I hear ya Mista! It seems like it took forever, and the dang thing just keep nagging at me to get done. Couple of grants I want a shot at that come up in Febuary was the other motivation factor!

- Mike Mills-
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Divemaster

Congrats! I'm not to that point yet and am not looking forward to it...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote