Business Plan is FINISHED...Sort Of....

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, its been a long time coming but I finally finished our business plan for our catering operations. Were trying to qualify for some grants and loans to be able to purchase our mobile kitchen and smoker. Never written one of these so its been interesting.

The sort of part is that each grant or loan wants specific things which means I have to tweek the original business plan. Thankfully I have a friend who was a bank president for 7 years and his wife is the current CEO of the hospital here and they have agreed to look at the plan for us and give us suggestions or comments.

I also have a meeting with the SBA manager to go over our plan and start applying and submitting it. Here's hoping that something good comes as a result :-D

Thats great man also look to see if your county has any economic developement loans avalilable. They are esier to obtain with the state of the economy now. This is one angle I am working on.Good luck

Thats great man also look to see if your county has any economic developement loans avalilable. They are esier to obtain with the state of the economy now. This is one angle I am working on.Good luck

Thanks Brother, I'll Check with the SBA when they come over Tuesday Night and see whats available!

Biz Plan Finished

Alright Chuck!

Just started working on my biz plan for catering op up here in Boulder. As a member of the Boulder Chamber, I'm going to tap into our SBA people and get their input. Just bought into a small BBQ joint (which is closed) and will use it as my commissary. I'm psyched! Buying an FEC-500 within the next month or two.

Hope to bump into you at Steve Marrs "Qing for a Cure" in May.

Blessings,

Frank Eriksen

As someone who has written two or three of those Business Plans I can concur there is nothing better then having it done!

The rest is all downhill after the business plan is written! Good Luck!

Congrats! As someone who did the same thing over nearly a 2 year period and finally made the leap May 08, good luck!

PS- Sorry but your business plan will never be "finished." You will always need to keep that up to date to apply for credit, loans, show people who may want to invest, but you should take a little time every year (so I'm told) just to update and see how you are following on your goals.

Good luck and keep us up!

Awesome! MrsMista keeps poking at me to get mine done. Guess I will have to get to it in the midst of the other 20 million things we do.

Awesome! MrsMista keeps poking at me to get mine done. Guess I will have to get to it in the midst of the other 20 million things we do.

I hear ya Mista! It seems like it took forever, and the dang thing just keep nagging at me to get done. Couple of grants I want a shot at that come up in Febuary was the other motivation factor!

Back