Prices for Tri-Tip??

Westexbbq

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just curious, what price per pound roughly do you all pay if and when you buy tri-tip?
Not a whole lot, but 6-8 lbs. or thereabout?

Price for Tri Tip has gone up quite a bit out here the last couple of years.
Usual price at Supers are around 5.50/lb, but if you wait for them to go on sale, 2.75/lb.
Sam's Club has Choice usually 4.49/lb, in two packs. A little cheaper by the bag (25lbs). I think about the same at Restaurant Depot.
I have seen some places charge 9+ bucks a pound. Too much for me.
Good luck,
Bill

Here in central Florida, when Sam's have tri-tips they are $4 to 5 per pound. Sometimes, the only place I can find tri-tip is at Publix, then it is normally $6 to 7 bucks a pound.

Anywhere from $2.99 to $4.99 a pound depending on the time of year and the store.

Anywhere from $2.99 to $4.99 a pound depending on the time of year and the store.

That's in line with what I'm seeing here. The last time I bought quantity at Costco they were $3.49 lb.

$4.99 this weekend at Grand Rapids Costco in that weight range. By far the best taste I've had of any cut.

It was over 6$/lb. 2 weeks ago. Fortunately there was a 14+ lb. twin pack of pork butt for just over $16 there as well. Pork fat rules over tri-tip everytime in my house.

Just got back from a little Latino market. $2.39 per LB. I asked the butcher (They were calling it sirloin tip roast) if they have it all the time. He said yes but not this cheap, so I asked what the regular price was.... He says "I'm sorry but I think it is usually $2.79 per LB" :eek::eek: I laughed and told him he would be seeing more of me. Cheap Tri-tip and made fresh daily tortillas. MMMMMMM good stuff!!!!

fil

Aww after getting it out of the pack ....it was the whole roast but after separating it I'll bet its still gonna be good stuff for this price LOL

Black Angus tri-tips on sale here in Nor Cal for $2.99 per pound. Gonna get me about 10 of them.

Back