Finally Made a Choice!!

Phaddie

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey guys!

After lots of research and forum posts I finally made a choice and ordered my stick burner today. I live in Toronto and was originally going to go with a Shirley or a LSG. But shipping and exchange made it way to expensive.

I looked at a few Canadian pit builders and decided to go with Alberta Barbeque https://www.facebook.com/albertabarbecue

I ordered a 24x45ish (total cooker length has to be under 79")
Unit will have 2 cooking levels, front shelf, a flat top added to the firebox for warming splits or warming something in a pan, 2 TruTell thermometers on the door, 4 heavy duty casters, probe ports on both sides of the pit. I also am having a custom plate water cut for the from. He should start building it next week and I will share any photos I get here.

Thanks for all your help

Phad.

You could be the 3rd person of FB to provide feedback! :razz:

Seriously hope this build and whatnot work out well for you.

Get that sausage chub ready for the first fatty cook on the new rig!

Congrats! Looks like a great cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the new smoker! It's a tough decision for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I know it’s a little bit of a leap of faith to go to a relatively unknown source like Alberta BBQ, over established stars such as LSG and Shirley, but their work looks top notch to me.

I think you will be happy, and have something unique to boot. Heck, in a few years, we might be talking about the long build times at Alberta BBQ. Good luck to you and the pit builder.

P.S. you should ask them to take pics of your pit build and post on their Facebook page, and share the build with the Brethren.

Last edited:
Looks like a solid pit. I am from where they are manufactured and I hadn't heard of them until you provided the link.

I know it’s a little bit of a leap of faith to go to a relatively unknown source like Alberta BBQ, over established stars such as LSG and Shirley, but their work looks top notch to me.

I think you will be happy, and have something unique to boot. Heck, in a few years, we might be talking about the long build times at Alberta BBQ. Good luck to you and the pit builder.

P.S. you should ask them to take pics of your pit build and post on their Facebook page, and share the build with the Brethren.

Yeah, I spoke with him at length in the phone and reached out to existing owners. Everything impressed me. So I felt confident. He is going to send pics and I will share them here.

Looks like a solid pit. I am from where they are manufactured and I hadn't heard of them until you provided the link.

I could not find many Canadian builders. Basically these guys, BullDog and someone close to me names Smith Steel. After speaking with all 3, Jared's passion for BBQ really sold me.

Phad

I could not find many Canadian builders. Basically these guys, BullDog and someone close to me names Smith Steel. After speaking with all 3, Jared's passion for BBQ really sold me.

Phad

Congratulations on the new pit, looking forward to seeing pics of your new cooker and upcoming cooks. Now is the time to get your wood pile cut and stacked.

Back