KCBS election notice

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
To my KCBS friends and supporters,

Since being elected to the Board of Directors almost three years ago, I have worked to improve the election process at KCBS. Some of the innovations include: publication of the nominating procedures, creating the election questionnaire in order that members can learn about their candidates and publicizing the election everywhere possible, and providing answers to any questions membership may have.

My current duties as nominating chairperson for KCBS include the following:
· Publication of nominating procedures.
· Contacting those nominated to ask their permission to have their name placed on the ballot.
· Provide information on how to submit candidate bio and election questionnaire directly to KCBS for use in the Bullsheet. ( I do not receive a copy of this information.)
· Publish a list of candidates on November 1, 2009.
· Promote the involvement of KCBS members in the election process.

A small group have complained that in some fashion this would give me an unfair edge, as a candidate for re-election, while performing my duties as Nominating Chair, of the Board of Directors.

What I do not want is to have those who support me, to take this on as an issue. I appreciate that many friends are always there providing me with support and encouragement for the work I do for KCBS. This is not the issue to create a controversy, and I have been advised it would.

I want to see KCBS have the best list of candidates. I want you to have a choice of very qualified candidates, who will have a passion for KCBS and a desire to listen to you, to serve your voice, your concerns and desires and being of service to all of the members of this great organization.

I am disappointed however, that those Board members, who twice in the past months approved the election procedure and my duties, have chosen to back down from what was twice decided in the board room. Rather than a Board member telling these few that the Board has considered the issues and put in place appropriate protection, a member of the Board prefers to call for my removal and asserts “conflict of interest”. I have to say that no one can explain to me what the conflict is with the above said assignments being a complete list of my duties.

I have asked Mike Lake effective immediately to replace me as the Nominating Committee Chair for KCBS. Despite the negative e-mails which have already were generated last month, I will only have a positive campaign. I will continue my efforts to serve you. I will have a campaign where every messages says, I am Merl Whitebook and I am proud that I have approved this message. I thank each of you for your support of my candidacy for re-election to the Board of Directors of KCBS, and your efforts to provide me the opportunity to serve each member of KCBS for the next three year.

Merl Whitebook
Kansas City Barbeque Society
Board of Directors
mwhitebook@kcbs.us.

That sucks, Merl, but I think it's a good move.

And you always have my support as a member - FWIW.

Arlin

Merl, you have my support. I believe you to be a person of integrity. You will have my vote at election.:p

Merl you will always have my support as well!

Seems par for the course these days. BUT, probably better to come up now, than after the election, as a "dimpled chad".

Back