MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #31
Desert Hawg
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_USN View Post
Haha, I didn't even think of that. Actually it's the VHT Fireproof Primer. I haven't decide on a final paint scheme just yet. But I will use that until I do.

Chad
A "REAL" Chief would have had that sucker painted Khaki by now.....MUst be an Airyedale.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
The basket just barely fits by the top rack supports. The bottoms ones do have to come out. They slide in and out of pretty easy but I will keep everyone informed how much of a pain it is if at all. I got that idea from savageford here.

Chad
You can cut the brackets back and add a grate so they aren't in the way.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hawg View Post
A "REAL" Chief would have had that sucker painted Khaki by now.....MUst be an Airyedale.
AND, it would have a mustache and a cup of coffee.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #34
Chief_USN
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
looking forward to the rest of them!
In my spare time (what little I got) I am in the process of editing the videos. Stay tuned and they will come.

Quote:
A "REAL" Chief would have had that sucker painted Khaki by now.....MUst be an Airyedale
Haha. Actually I have been waiting for this crazy arse weather to warm up and to stop raining at the same time of having time. And, Yes, I am an airdale, AT for that matter. I might have to paint it khaki with brown wheels and front leg.

Quote:
You can cut the brackets back and add a grate so they aren't in the way.
Actually, it hasn't been a problem on the smokes that I have done. I just pull them out, remove, fill, and replace charcoal basket, and then replace the supports while the chimney is firing up.

Quote:
AND, it would have a mustache and a cup of coffee.
No mustache but I am looking at installing a bottle opener and beer holder. Might have to look at designing a coffee cup holder too for them early morning starts.

Chad

Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #35
Desert Hawg
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
In my spare time (what little I got) I am in the process of editing the videos. Stay tuned and they will come.

Haha. Actually I have been waiting for this crazy arse weather to warm up and to stop raining at the same time of having time. And, Yes, I am an airdale, AT for that matter. I might have to paint it khaki with brown wheels and front leg.

Actually, it hasn't been a problem on the smokes that I have done. I just pull them out, remove, fill, and replace charcoal basket, and then replace the supports while the chimney is firing up.

No mustache but I am looking at installing a bottle opener and beer holder. Might have to look at designing a coffee cup holder too for them early morning starts.

Chad
I am a retired ENCM, and mine is painted metallic red, with a metallic copper lid. Tired of gray and even though I wore Khakis for over 16 years, not willing to paint the UDS Khaki. But I still have my mustache.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
Chief_USN
Knows what a fatty is.

Part 2 uploaded. Thanks for watching folks and I hope these videos help someone with their build.

Chad

Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #37
Chief_USN
Knows what a fatty is.

Well finally got a lid for the 30. I ended up getting it directly from Weber. Hopefully I'll be able to start on it in the next week or so. Got a ton of different things going on and one thing I don't have is a lot of time. I am also currently working on Part 3 of the video series. It will cover how I did the Weber lid. Just figured I will put up an update.

I will say that I am loving the 55. It has been great. Most recent smoke was 2 briskets I did over Memorial Day weekend. We were camping so I didn't take a lot of pics but here is what I took.

First briskets, I got much to learn, but they were gone and they were delicious. One of them dried out a bit, but the other one was awesome. I don't know how many conversations I had about this "big grey drum thing" that was sitting on my campsite. I met so many people that weekend and it was due to the UDS. I think I might have to build a couple for some people I don't even know...lol.

Anyways, keep an eye out for 30G updates and the videos. I must apologize for the ads on the videos, but trying to bring in some extra income.

Chad

Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #38
Chief_USN
Knows what a fatty is.

Part 3 of the UDS build video is uploaded...finally...lol. Here it is.

On a side note, I used the UDS this past weekend for an R/C helicopter fun-fly and smoked a shoulder for 16 hours. It was an 11lb'r and with 20 registered pilots and their guests, there was none left and got nothing but compliments. Not sure how many times I had to explain how the UDS worked...lol.

Chad