Just wondering about Elk Grove Comp....

That was last year's newsletter Dive... :icon_shy

Ron had mentioned last year that it might not go. Maybe it won't? As it is right now, I only have one weekend open in June and it looks like I am going to go to Wolf it Down...

Sorry I didn't notice it was last years... Still strange that it's not on the KCBS site...

I have a call in to a buddy that is with the Rotary there so I hope to have the info soon...

Their Rotary Ribfest will go off. It's just whether the KCBS contest will go.

I got an e-mail today saying it was on, June 19-20, with $7,500 cash prizes. They said it will be posted to the KCBS site next week sometime.

Wow, isn't that a week later? As I have a conflict in my schedule... And my foundation was supposed to be the recipient of the Friday night People's Choice... Might have email Ron and see why I wasn't part of that mass emailing?

Only $7500? that's like half of what it was last year...

Wow, isn't that a week later? As I have a conflict in my schedule... And my foundation was supposed to be the recipient of the Friday night People's Choice... Might have email Ron and see why I wasn't part of that mass emailing?

Only $7500? that's like half of what it was last year...

I'll PM you also Pat, but if someone got that email, can you forward it to me?

Thanks.

Wasn't a mass e-mail. I e-mailed the contact listed on the IL BBQ page and he responded back this morning. Nothing more than what I posted here, though. Very brief. I don't know his name, so I don't know for sure it was Ron.

Thanks Pat.

Sorry about the double post... My computer burped and froze up on me.. Glad there wasn't like 1000 of the same post...

What's the layout like for this comp? Any grassy areas for a poor team like mine to put up a camping tent? Or is this a parking lot type event.

It's all grass Pat. It's in the outfield of a baseball field.... Assuming they put it in the same spot as the first 2 years...

Only thing to be concerned with Pat is that, once the awards are announce, you have to get out of there quickly. They have a parade afterward, and if memory serves, they want you gone by 5 PM.

Last year we had pretty much eveything ready to go before the awards presentation. A first for us:razz:

No worries there. We do our best to be packed and ready to before the awards. I'm pretty beat by that point and want to get home and crack a cold one or 10.

I try and reserve that for rewards... the good Reverend taught me that... The bigger the cooler the better!!! :icon_shy

Back