• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Got some Boneless skinless breast

Fatalis

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
What temp do I fast cook these at? I was going to use a little cherry wood and cover the breasts in yardbird, not sure what else to do?:icon_blush:

What temp do I fast cook these at? I was going to use a little cherry wood and cover the breasts in yardbird, not sure what else to do?:icon_blush:

I have a picky 17 year old daughter that won't eat the legs or thighs.. or yardbird for that matter. So I have experience in these matters!

You just grill 'em like burgers. If you have an hour or so before you cook them brining them helps a lot, then make sure you give them a few minutes rest before serving.

I have a picky 17 year old daughter that won't eat the legs or thighs.. or yardbird for that matter. So I have experience in these matters!

You just grill 'em like burgers. If you have an hour or so before you cook them brining them helps a lot, then make sure you give them a few minutes rest before serving.

Any ideas at temp?

I usually cook them at 350-375* for 20-25 minutes (until internal is 160/165*) flipping every 5 minutes. Direct heat.

If you cook indirect just flip them once halfway thru. :mrgreen:

I agree with grilling them like a burger, hot and fast over direct heat. I usually coat them in olive oil, season them up, then put them on the grill at about 450* for 4 minutes per side. Comes out perfect every time.

Agreed.
High heat 375-450 and do them fast and get them off in 8 minutes total, or they dry out.

I agree with grilling them like a burger, hot and fast over direct heat. I usually coat them in olive oil, season them up, then put them on the grill at about 450* for 4 minutes per side. Comes out perfect every time.
:laugh: we typed at the same time, next time lemme know :laugh:

You need to cook breasts as quickly as possible. I butterfly mine before cooking to give them an even thickness, and make them cook faster. The even thickness keeps you from having them done right in the middle, and overcooked on the ends.

300 to 350 is good.

CD

I'm with CD on butter flying them. Cooks even and quickly. Use a thermo and don't go over 160 and you will produce a great product.

I 2nd brining it helps to keep them juicy, ad some garlic oor old bay to ad some flavor.

I'll third (if there is such a thing) brining. They are very bland so all flavor has to be added/created. Direct heat in the 350-400 range. Magic number is 8 minutes total assuming that the tenders are removed. Four minutes on presentation side (or 3 and 2 if you want cross marks), flip and cook until done, which total time is normally right at 8 minutes. I never use a thermometer. I test doneness by touch of the thickest part.

I always marinate with olive oil garlic and whatever rub I am using that day. I add either balsamic vinegar or soy sauce to the marinade and it always turns out tasty.

Marinate in creamy Italian dressing for an hour or two, grill direct turning frequently over high heat to internal of 160*. Remove, rest a few minutes, slice on a bias and put in flour tortilla with romaine lettuce and parmesan reggiano cheese. drizzle with a little garlic infused olive oil and roll it up. That's some good eatin!

My wife is all about boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I grill them on the BGE at about 300 to 350 deg. internal temp of 160 deg. Always nice and juicy.

Yep everything above. My wife marinades in a black peppercorn mix for her and the kids, I like mine slathered on open pit sauce. I take the peppercorn leftovers mixed with rice or garlic noddles for lunch the next day

Back