Turducken

jeffjenkins1

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do one of these for over 15 years and I finally made not one, but two! I used Chef Paul's original recipe (http://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=300&view=186 ) because about 16 or 17 years ago when I first heard of one, he was the one showing how to do it. It is a lot of work but it turned out fantastic!

Here is the pron! First we have the chicken and duck totally deboned and then the turkey with all but the 1st and 2nd joint of the wing and the tips of the drumsticks deboned. Then I followed the recipe to a T except I did not put the shrimp in the seafood dressing because we have people with shellfish allergies.

Then I stuffed each bird and put them inside one another, cooked for about 7 hours and viola! Turducken!

Enjoy, Jeff

Attachments

• chix duck.jpg
    chix duck.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 221
  • turk.jpg
    turk.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 220
  • duck stuffed.jpg
    duck stuffed.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 219
  • turducken.jpg
    turducken.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Turducken half.jpg
    Turducken half.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 220
  • quarter.jpg
    quarter.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 218
Looks good! I've never been brave enough to try it. It would probably look so farking mangled if I tried doing that!:laugh:

i bet yours taste a whole lot better than the one i tried at walmart. you may have gave me the courage to make one next year. great looking bird"s"

Thanks everyone. The deboning wasn't too bad. Took about 45 minutes total. This will be the new Christmas dinner.

Jeff

Back