My EE Kettle in Home Brew Performer Proto-type.

weberhomebrew.jpg

Well I'm new to the kettle so iit looks like I have a lot of cooking to do!
I do have a question, is there a add on ring to make a 22.5 more like a a wsm?
Terry

I replaced my OLD 22.5" (broken leg or 2) about 7 years ago. BUT just couldn't bear to part with the old girl. She sat in the scrap pile destined someday for the recycler. Until I got the urge to build a UDS. Her lid was modified with vents from the bottom and now sits on top of my newly constructed UDS. I'll post pron if I ever figure out where on my CP, and how...:confused::confused::confused:

It's a sickness really......I've rescued and/or purchased on cl 3 kettles over the last year or so. Put one at my inlaws, my sisters house, and one here at my house(all the places I do most of my cooking).
Yet I still continue to peruse cl looking for another one....why?

New here and love this forum.

I've been cooking on the 22 1/2" kettles since 1973 and today I just scored a cl find for $20. A silver 22 1/2 incher used twice) with lid holder, utensil holder, side tray, briq. rails and cover and he tossed in a very nice condition 20 year old 26" with with wood handles plus the cover. This brings my current kettle stash to one 22 1/2" gold with smokenator, one 22 1/2" gold nib, one pre 1985 22 1/2" with wood handles plus the two I just came home with. All this plus the gassers (3) and the smc (not to mention my previous webers) must make me a Weber nut. I will be posting pics of creations in the near future.

Geez, that is sweet... I am so jealous, but I am glad they are going to a good and faithful weber family

Just found this tread I have 3 22.5 kettle and 1 smoky joe And have worn out two grates for the 22.5

Love My kettle

I got my OTS for 1/2 price at HD when they switched styles this year. It had a few dings, but nothing that cannot be touched up. I bought a gold grill for the flip convenience.
It has passed my UDS in use.
My latest smoke:
IMG_1668-1.jpg

I replaced my OLD 22.5" (broken leg or 2) about 7 years ago. BUT just couldn't bear to part with the old girl. She sat in the scrap pile destined someday for the recycler. Until I got the urge to build a UDS. Her lid was modified with vents from the bottom and now sits on top of my newly constructed UDS. I'll post pron if I ever figure out where on my CP, and how...:confused::confused::confused:

In a pinch an old kettle works great as an oversized lid:

Brad

Just joined the club Yesterday when I purchased my kettle from Abc Warehouse.

And I'm buying the smokeinator end of may with char coal holders.

Here's a temp picture of my kettle.

857153960_AgyhC-L.jpg

Never saw this thread until today! Been eating off of or cooking on a Weber kettle since I was born 34 years ago. As soon as I moved out, I bought an 18" kettle because it was all that would fit on our 3rd floor apt balcony. Bought our first house 3 years later and my parents gave us a Performer as a house warming gift! Cooked on that for 8 years almost daily. I bought a 22" OTS for a Cajun Bandit setup, and wound up selling my Performer to someone who really wanted a 2nd one. Kettles rock, and I can't imagine being without one.

Can I use my chimney to start the briquettes & then separate them using a skewer? Or just push them over to one side then use an aluminum drip pan with water?

( Meat drippings will be made into yorkshire pudding )

Love my kettle. You can have it when you pry it from my dead cold hands. Heck, bury me with it!

I just found this thread too. My Weber kettle is awesome, and family and friends always seem to appreciate everything I cook on it. My 20 y/o son just left for his summer job, and though he only has a small car, when he packed for his 3 1/2 months away, the front passenger seat was cradling a Weber 22 1/2" I recently picked up on Craigslist. Looks like I've taught him something anyway! Now I need to search Craigslist some more if I wanna build that UDS before August.......

My Weber family. 26.75 OTG, Spirit E-310, 22.5 OTG, 18.5 WSM, SJ, 18.5 WSM.

IMG00148.jpg

whoa here we go again! Love my kettles! Got two 22.5's and an18".It's how I found this site ,an all you cool guys who BBQ like ME!
This site assures our way of life!

weber on!

Rockyathabaska

18" weber kettle
22.5" weber kettle
performer
weber genesis gasser
UDS
seriously preocupied with BBQ

what about bbq 'd eggs, anybody tried?

I wanna play! I LOVE ALL my webers.Have'nt done a lotta mods but thats why I'm here !TO LEARN.Got a 18 WSM,Ranch Kettle and 2-22's.Lookin for ideas and Lovin some Webers!!!

Back