Church BBQ for 268

F

fevoice

Greetings all. Doing a church BBQ this week and need a little help on numbers. This is a to-go dinner fundraiser. I have 67 orders and each order gets a pint of potato salad and a pint of beans.

The beans I'll doctor up and the potato salad will just be spooned out of 5 pound tubs from Sam's or Costco.

Based on 67 orders I need 33.5 quarts of potato salad and 33.5 quarts of beans. Right?

Based on those numbers - how many pounds of potato salad should I buy to cover 33.5 quarts.

How many #10 cans of beans to cover 33.5 quarts.

Thanks for your help.
Frank Eriksen
frank@roaringforkbbq.com

One #10 can of beans makes about a gallon with the formula I use for catering. So 9 cans should take care of 33.5 quarts with a bit to spare. Best of luck!

If your gonna make homemade German potato salad, slice them prior to boiling. Easy peasy - 2 pounds of bacon, diced, browned and grease saved. Dice a large onion in the grease and saute. Add 3 cups of sugar and 3 cups cider vinegar. Dissolve 3 tsp cornstarch in 1 cup water. Thicken. Toss with 5# sliced, peeled, boiled potatoes. Celery seed, pepper, cooked bacon and salt to taste. Mom used to crumble hard boiled eggs on top, but I think that ruins it.
Serve warm.

Back