4th Of July Post As You Will Cooking Thread!

Tater Salad's done.

In it went the taters, about 12~15, forgot count. A few had tough skins so they got peeled. The bacon, celery, onion, pickle, black olives and dill weed.

The dressing was 1 cup white wine vinegar, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup stone ground prepared mustard, 3 tbs turbinado sugar and a couple teaspoons cracked black pepper. No additional salt as the taters were cooked with a sprinkling, and the bacon and dill pickle added salt too. Used one cup of this mixture. Have about a cup reserved.

Here tis...

salad1_zpsd9479583.jpg

salad_zps9581a26b.jpg

No additional salt required for the cook. :thumb:

I'm debating about adding some sour cream...

That. Looks. Amazing. :clap:

Here it is the chuckie took just about 7 hours and everything came out great.

Corn and taters exit shots.

A couple plated pics.

Thanks for looking now is time to go see some fireworks!

awesome posts everyone. too many to comment on one by one. thanks all for sharing and keep them coming.

Wow to everyone !!!!!

Not quite as dynamic of a cook or photo, but I did say something about a dawg pool.....................

Here you go, Guerry.....wrapped corn, tater packet, steaks on the sear grate & the Dawg Pool....all in one shot ~~~~>

Irish-Mexican022.jpg

Irish-Mexican024.jpg

Happy 4th everyone !!!!

Wow to everyone !!!!!

Not quite as dynamic of a cook or photo, but I did say something about a dawg pool.....................

Here you go, Guerry.....wrapped corn, tater packet, steaks on the sear grate & the Dawg Pool....all in one shot ~~~~>

Irish-Mexican022.jpg

Irish-Mexican024.jpg

Happy 4th everyone !!!!

That is a great cooking meal.

All of these shots look great. Good thread Guerry!

Just did some bacon wrapped dogs today. Tried Nathan's dogs for the first time. Pretty good. Also made a fresh double batch of Maru's pickles (spears and slices). Tomorrow, I have some yard work to do, so just some grilled burgers. Sunday, my entry to TD Sausagefest. Pictures on Sunday...

Back