Food Processor Recommendations

jonboy

is Blowin Smoke!
My wife would like a food processor. We haven't had one for several years.
I was thinking about a 7 cup size, Cuisinart or Kitchenaid.
Any recommendations,
jon

My wife would like a food processor. We haven't had one for several years.
I was thinking about a 7 cup size, Cuisinart or Kitchenaid.
Any recommendations,
jon
I have a 14 year old cuisnart that takes brutal punishment and still works like new. I do not know if they make them like that anymore

I just got a 14 cup Cuisinart, in "Black Chrome", for xmas.....Sweeeeeet!....It's big but handles small jobs as well.....

I got a Kitchen Aid for X-mas. And the wife got me the meat grinder attactchment and the sausage stuffer attatchment. Have not used it yet but looks awsome on the kitchen counter with the attachements on it.

Jules

I have a 14 year old cuisnart that takes brutal punishment and still works like new. I do not know if they make them like that anymore

No they don't. So my suggestion is to buy a used one on CL or ebay.

I have a Robot Coupe that my wife gave me over 28 years ago, never had a prob with it and use it all the time, I think it has outlasted every other kitchen appliance we have ever had! It will probably outlast me.....

Cuisinart, Cuisinart, Cuisinart! A lot of cooks on Food Network use Kitchen Aide food processors these days, so they may be good, but if I had the choice at the same price, Cuisinart in a heartbeat. Unless I am mistaken, sausage stuffer attachment (which I have) is only for the stand mixer, not food processor.

dmp

I'd suggest going bigger if it's in the budget. If you are blending anything with a lot of liquid you will appreciate the extra volume. I finally bought a new Cuisinart after more than 10 years. The mixing bowl was starting to develop some cracks, and getting the new one at LNT while they were going out of business made more sense than buying a new bowl etc....

I have a 14 cup Cuisinart, and it works great. I only wish it had a bowl cover with the hole in the middle to put your ingredients in, rather than having to pour them through the feed tube.

This is the one at the local sams club.
7 cup cuisinart.

That's the model I have, also bought it at Sam's (open box, marked way down, couldn't resist). I wish it were larger, but I just process things in batches to compensate. The wide feed tube accepts half spanish onions and whole medium potatoes with ease. I detest the idiot-lock tabs on the pusher assembly but eventually I'll get used to them. Cleanup is fairly easy, though you'll probably need to soak the pusher assembly a while after making dough or shredding mozzarella. Bowl, lid, and pusher assembly are all short enough to fit easily in most dishwasher top racks.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the 7 cup kitchenaid. It does a great job and has a nice selection of additional blades.

Back