Southern Pride 300 mobile Unit

markgerickson

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Guys - Looking at buying a Southern Pride 300 mobile unit. I have had a lang 84 for about a year but would love to be able to set a bit more sleep. Any recommendations would be great?

Mark

You and me both:becky: I just saw a brand new one today, I likey:thumb:

It would it be great to talk to anyone who currently uses or has used a southern pride 300.

Thanks
Mark

My best friend is the rep for Southern Pride here in the Burgh. I have been invited to many tastings of new cooks prior to his demonstrating the smokers to customers. Great operation, and he cleans it up at the car wash. Even at his price, I own a WSM. Maybe someday,,,,,,,,,,

My best friend is the rep for Southern Pride here in the Burgh. I have been invited to many tastings of new cooks prior to his demonstrating the smokers to customers. Great operation, and he cleans it up at the car wash. Even at his price, I own a WSM. Maybe someday,,,,,,,,,,
What might that price be, or should I ask what price will he sell one for?:becky:

The big boys that hold 500 pounds of meat and come on a trailer are over 20 grand.

Our 9 Price Chopper stores in the greater KC area all have the 280, predecessor to the 300, installed in the Deli Department. Up until 2 years ago we had 2 of them also on trailers, and would move them around to different stores for outdoor events on the weekends. They are fantastic smokers! They take 5 gallons of water in the bottom of the smoke chamber and are rotisserie driven so they produce great, moist, smoky product. The cool part is that even though you are using logs, the thermostat will kick in the propane burner to keep the temp where you have it set. Again, I can't say enough good about them. $13000.00 trailer mounted sounds pretty close.

So, what did we replace ours with, you ask? We went with this for the "cool" factor. For our outdoor events it looks way more cool and draws more people to it. It is the same unit that Jeff uses in comp from Oklahoma Joes in KC....and it ends up in my driveway often on weekends when we are not using it at stores....funny when you get to write the schedule;)

295290449_9962e-L.jpg

The trailer the SPX 300 is mounted to for a mobile runs $4679 and I sell the SPX 300's for $12,500

I've got a 94' SPK 500 on a trailer I use for fund raisers etc. . I'm asking $7,000 for. Here's a photo and link to the page on my site with more photos. http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/SmokerRental.html

The trailer is not a SP trailer, it's just one I got to be able to move it when needed.

DSC00719.JPG

The trailer the SPX 300 is mounted to for a mobile runs $4679 and I sell the SPX 300's for $12,500

I've got a 94' SPK 500 on a trailer I use for fund raisers etc. . I'm asking $7,000 for. Here's a photo and link to the page on my site with more photos. http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/SmokerRental.html

The trailer is not a SP trailer, it's just one I got to be able to move it when needed.

DSC00719.JPG
Are you saying the trailer in above PIC is $4679 or the one from SP, and is the $12,500 including all tax's?

Back