Yeah Baby!! First WALK!!

Rightstuff

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well we did it. Completed our first ever comp today. We finished 1st in Chicken, 5th in Ribs and 4th overall. Our chicken scored 237.1 and was the best I've done. Ribs were awesome; however our presentation killed us on the ribs. We were out of 2nd, 3rd and 4th by less then ONE point. I know we had a great product but was rushed at the last moment. The presentation worried me the moment the box left (no garnish boxes). The final category was wildgame: We made the worst mistake ever by doing a smoked quail and anduille sausage gumbo. The cups were tiny and the judges had no idea what they were eating (NEVER AGAIN). Can't complain though....extremely happy.....we got paid!!!! Heres the pics.

Attachments

• bbq 012.JPG
    bbq 012.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 265
  • bbq 020.JPG
    bbq 020.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 262
  • bbq 022.JPG
    bbq 022.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 264
  • bbq 024.JPG
    bbq 024.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 262
  • bbq 025.jpg
    bbq 025.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 256
  • bbq 026.JPG
    bbq 026.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 257
Huge congrats, bro! I remember my first call like it happened today. It feels great, doesn't it? If you weren't hooked before, I'll bet you are big-time now.

John

For a first time comp your team rocked!
Congrats on your walks.

Congrats, and what contest??? I remember my first contest fondly, and the walk was priceless. It was at the Kennesaw Pigs and Peaches contest a few years back. Now I am an addict!

woot.gif

...Now, when's your next contest?!

Back