MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Need a box runner this Saturday at Laurie Mo

I know this is short notice but my wife had a death in her family last night and will not be able to run boxes for me Saturday. So I am in need of some help Saturday to run boxes and keep this old man on track. If you would like to help, email me or just respond here. This is a good contest to get a taste of what goes on at a contest if you have never done one. The organizer said she had 76 teams this year. If you would like to come in Friday night that would also be ok.
Dave
Tuff Rub

Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sorry for the loss. Wish I was closer to help you.

Sounds like a good opportunity for someone wanting to get their feet wet.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
BBQNUTT
Knows what a fatty is.

If I wasnt already commited to judging the contest I would do it for you! Sorry about your loss in the family, hopefully someone will be able to help you...

Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Divemaster

Sorry for your loss as well... Wish I could help but it's not really in my area either.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
Mo-Dave

[quote=BBQNUTT;699825]If I wasnt already commited to judging the contest I would do it for you! Sorry about your loss in the family, hopefully someone will be able to help you...[/quote

Be sure to stop in after the judging is over so I can grill you on the scores
Look for a big yellow Spicewine and the Tuff Rub banner. I have made some alterations to the smoker you may find interesting.
Dave
Tuff Rub

Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
BBQNUTT
Knows what a fatty is.

[quote=Mo-Dave;699902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQNUTT View Post
If I wasnt already commited to judging the contest I would do it for you! Sorry about your loss in the family, hopefully someone will be able to help you...[/quote

Be sure to stop in after the judging is over so I can grill you on the scores
Look for a big yellow Spicewine and the Tuff Rub banner. I have made some alterations to the smoker you may find interesting.
Dave
Tuff Rub

I may just do that. It's always nice to meet people you talk to on these forums. I have seen several of your posts on the BBQ Forum, but I am new to this one. Saw some Brethren banners flying at the Boone County Fair contest we just did last weekend, so I decided to look it up. :) How do teams get affiliated with the BBQ Brethren and fly those cool banners?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
Mo-Dave

[quote=BBQNUTT;700004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post

I may just do that. It's always nice to meet people you talk to on these forums. I have seen several of your posts on the BBQ Forum, but I am new to this one. Saw some Brethren banners flying at the Boone County Fair contest we just did last weekend, so I decided to look it up. :) How do teams get affiliated with the BBQ Brethren and fly those cool banners?
Not 100% sure but they can be bought here on this forum. I think there are some stipulations as to when and how you can buy them.
Dave

Old 07-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Sorry for your loss Dave.
Im about 15 hours from you so im of no help.

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
Bigdog

[QUOTE=BBQNUTT;700004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post

We have 2 kinds of banners here. One is the general one that most anyone can buy and fly. But the one with your name on it has to be earned. Not that difficult. Just hang with us a while, post often and be a good Bro. Our goal is to have friendly folks that love to Q representing us. We do have a no $hitheads rule though. More info on them can be found elsewhere on this site. Let me know if you can't find it. Boone Co. was loaded with Brothers. Glad you got to meet some of them. Hope you decide to stick around and join us.

BOT: Anybody stepped up to help you yet Dave?
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
Chris Nickelson
Full Fledged Farker

Sorry for your loss Dave.

two brinkman R2D2's
Trailer Mounted H & S 2000 Pit

CBJ# 14974 :cool:
Chris Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
Jeff_in_KC

[quote=Bigdog;700154]
Quote:
We do have a no $hitheads rule though. More info on them can be found elsewhere on this site.
We have a place here to discuss the chitheads?
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
Mo-Dave

[quote=Bigdog;700154]
Quote:

We have 2 kinds of banners here. One is the general one that most anyone can buy and fly. But the one with your name on it has to be earned. Not that difficult. Just hang with us a while, post often and be a good Bro. Our goal is to have friendly folks that love to Q representing us. We do have a no $hitheads rule though. More info on them can be found elsewhere on this site. Let me know if you can't find it. Boone Co. was loaded with Brothers. Glad you got to meet some of them. Hope you decide to stick around and join us.

BOT: Anybody stepped up to help you yet Dave?
NADA, NOWAY, NOPE, NEGATORIE, NOOOOO. But thats ok, it wont be my first time solo which is usually the case. If by chance I should win something, it just makes bragging rights that much sweeter. Just the same I would rather have some help but if anyone would just like to stop and say Hi that would just be tits.
Dave

Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 PM   #13
Captain Caveman
is one Smokin' Farker

Dave, if you end up close to us my wife will run your boxes also. If you like.
2 Hotrod Black "Gravity Feed" clones
Mobile Kitchen
Towable offset
CBJ #24304
KCBS member #24304
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #14
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
Dave, if you end up close to us my wife will run your boxes also. If you like.
Well thanks for the offer, we will just have to see how things play out. I will be in spot 64, same as last year.
Dave