• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Board of Directors Meeting Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bride of Roo(BQ'n)

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
As Phil has stated in another thread. This meeting is open to the public.

It will be held at Embassy Suites Metcalf and I-435 in Overland Park...start time is 7:00 pm.

One of the greatest things Merl has done for the membership so far is get this meeting open to us as members. I just spoke with him and he encourages members to attend.

Tom and I are driving down from Omaha and will be there. If this is half as important to you (especially local members) as you have iterated here. Please consider attending. We can call it a Mini Bash!

See you there!!

It is very close to my work, considering it. Anyone have a muzzle or gag for me? Shall we meet up for a bite prior to the meeting?

Sure wish we lived closer...would be there in a NY minute!!! Good luck Char, and all others that can make it!!!!

It is very close to my work, considering it. Anyone have a muzzle or gag for me? Shall we meet up for a bite prior to the meeting?

At least a beer afterwards. THAT should be the more interesting conversation.

(I just want to see Tom and Char, again. :biggrin:)

I wish I could be there as well. Man a webcast of tonight's meeting would probably blow out the server!!

Todd, have a beer for me, and say hi to Roo and Char for me!!

Well Char you and Tom give them the one two punch for South Dakota!!!!! 9 hours is just to far to go after work. I can not get there in 2 hours.

At least a beer afterwards. THAT should be the more interesting conversation.

(I just want to see Tom and Char, again. :biggrin:)

Yeah, I want to avoid beers prior. That would be the last thing needed at this point. And I know I'll be hungry prior. I could go home first, but I'd have to turn right back around leave within the hour. I'd be better off going out to eat then spending the gas to go back and forth AND I just noticed Da Bronx on Metcalf the other night.

First we will sit there with our mouths covered in tape and then burn our bras errrr Manzierrrs.

Seriously, there has been alot of complaining by KCBS members that the BOD is so secretive. Here is our chance to show them that we care about our society and the direction it is going. Please be there if possible.

First we will sit there with our mouths covered in tape and then burn our bras errrr Manzierrrs.

Seriously, there has been alot of complaining by KCBS members that the BOD is so secretive. Here is our chance to show them that we care about our society and the direction it is going. Please be there if possible.

Just don't be surprised when they decide to table everything to Executive Session. That's pretty much what happened at the last meeting which was held during the banquet.

If I decide to go, I'd like to have more of a background on the board. If you are aware of some information (location, years on board, association to BBQ, etc) on the current board, please post.

KCBS Officers and the committee they chair
Tony Stone President - outgoing
Carolyn Wells Executive Director - founding member, wife of Gary
Rod Gray Vice President / Rules - comp cook Pellet Envy
Wayne Lohman Treasurer / Finance
Bunny Tuttle Secretary / Contest Reps - outgoing

KCBS Board of Directors and the committee they chair
Troy Black Marketing / Public Relations - comp cook Learn2Q
Don Harwell Technology
Paul Kirk Education - comp cook and Barron of BBQ
Mike Lake Judging / CBJ
Jim Minion Contest Sanctioning & Mentoring - outgoing
Linda Mullane Research & Development
Steve Ownby Membership
Merl Whitebook New Ideas / Nominating

Incoming BODs (I think)
Carol Whitebook
Tana Shupe
Ed Roith

Last edited:
Just don't be surprised when they decide to table everything to Executive Session. That's pretty much what happened at the last meeting which was held during the banquet.

I wouldn't put it past them, but they will know there are actually real live members they are supposed to be representing.

Jim, TOny and Bunny are no longer on the BOD. Rod was relelected. Carolyn is executive director (paid position) for life. send me an email if you want more.

Thanks for taking the time to go to the meeting. The more people who attend the better. I will not be driving down to KC tonight, but I will interested to read your posts tomorrow.

Represent the Brethern well. Thanks.

The more I think about this, the more we owe it to Merl to be present. I'm heavily leaning towards being there.

Who else?

A small correction. The board meetings were always open to members. That wasn't something Merl accomplished. Not meant as a knock on Merl but we need to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back