Which would you choose?

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Which would you choose? (pics included)

Sometimes presentation is everything. Here are the 3 platters we had at the BBQ crawl. Which looks the best to you?

The Rib Nest

bbqcrawl018.jpg

JayBee's

bbqcrawl003.jpg

Porky's

bbqcrawl030.jpg

Last edited:
Porkys based on presentation. Presentation aside ... how did they taste though?

The Rib Nest then Porky's

Porky's got my vote. But, how was the food?

Porkys, I much prefer to have meat side up for presentation instead of bone side up.

porky's cause i have those red chili pepper cast iron handle thingys too! :biggrin:

no, seriously, the individual meat platters look a whole lot better than piling up different meats in one container.

It’s a hard one to decide. Porky’s for presentation, cause that’s what you asked for.
On the other hand, if I were a customer in those particular establishments. I might just go for The Rib Nest, or JayBee’s. I believe that presentation plays a big part, but you can’t take the tableware home with you, can you??
Over my sixty years I’ve eaten in some of the most out of the way truck stops that you might have ever seen. They didn’t rely on presentation. Just good food, and in some cases, they have succeeded, some not. I like to see what I’m getting, not just a pretty plate.

I'd hit 'em all...but "Porky's" is my first choice. :mrgreen:

While the blazing hot skillets look nice, I'm not certain I want my food coming out on them. More than once the fajitas I've ordered have ended up being overcooked after a few minutes on one of those.

Porky's looks classier. But how did they all compare?

Porky's, Rib Nest, then Jays.

I liked Porky's presentation. The food looked classier.
Then came The Rib nest since it looks like the ribs are served dry.
Then Jays since it looked like the sauce was put on a little thicker than I like. Seems like you would taste the sauce more than the meat.

All the ribs look tasty and inviting....how were they?

Strictly based on presentation, Porky's I'm betting that the Rib Nest was the best, however. Inquiring minds want to know...

Porkys looks better depending on how you score it, I'm a amature and not a fan of the cast platters as i find the food gets cold too fast and a bit dry. The Rib Nest looks cooked the way I like it so thats my reasoning. lol

Porky's....but I wouldn't turn any of them down....

Back