MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
DannyMac
Full Fledged Farker

Default Weber Q 220 score?

I just scored a Weber Q 220 of Craigslist. Guy said it needed work so he only wanted $10. I only had a twenty. He didn't have change so he said "Just take it." I don't know anything about them. It has an electronic starter system. It doesn't make any noise when I push the starter button. Does anyone know hat I should be expecting or having any experience rehabbing? Any advice is appreciated.
DannyMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
GammaRei
Full Fledged Farker

Change the battery in the starter! The new ones all have a AA battery!

- G
GammaRei is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
MilitantSquatter

maybe mbishop was trying to unload his

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=106854
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
DannyMac
Full Fledged Farker

Nice one Vin! This will be my second gasser rehab. I've found Weber to be great to work with.

G - do you know how to date the grill? If it is a simple as a battery change, I'm going feel a little dumb!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
DannyMac
Full Fledged Farker

That was it G! Maybe next week you can teach me to eat with a fork. Wow q 220 for nothing. Remove the question mark. Score!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #6
mbshop
Babbling Farker

naw, not me. the paint looks bad but it still cooks just fine. battery ? ones prior to 2008 do not have a battery. mine does not and my button is just plain red. if it has a lightening bolt on the button then it does have a battery. suggest this be replaced yearly lest the battery leak and ruin the switch.

Last edited by mbshop; 05-21-2011 at 01:35 AM..
mbshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
GammaRei
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
That was it G! Maybe next week you can teach me to eat with a fork. Wow q 220 for nothing. Remove the question mark. Score!
LOL~!!! I have one of the older Weber Q's it has the old magneto igniter. My boss went and bought a Weber Q for the office to make burgers and dogs for the Other EMT's and I had to put it together. The first thing I noticed was the battery, and then spent some time trying to figure out why the hell it was there.

You got one hell of a deal man~!

- G

Old 05-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
DannyMac
Full Fledged Farker

The question mark may be coming back. I cleaned her up and got her to fire, burning all around. Flame looked a little low, but what do I know never used one before. I left it to heat up. When I came back about 5 minutes later, the flame was out and I could restart. I changed the bottle and got it to spurt a couple of times, then nothing. Is there some safety on this that's prevent the gas from getting to the burners? Is this a regulator issue? Help!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
mbshop
Babbling Farker

might wanna check the tube and screen for spider webs, etc.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #10
GammaRei
Full Fledged Farker

Yeah check the burner tube and the spider screen! They need cleaning every now and again! Youre usimg propane canisters right not a 20LP tank correct?

- G

Old 05-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
DannyMac
Full Fledged Farker

I've given the whole thing a thorough scrub and the screens are clean as a whistle. I am running the cannisters, not the hose and 20lb tank.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
GammaRei
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like it might be the regulator. I had some issues with mine running a 20lb LP. Give Weber Cust service a call, regardless of what some people have said here theyre great.

- G