starting out, equipment

Im kinda in the same boat as you when it comes to the cost of a quality unit like the assassin. Id love to have it but my budget isnt there yet. I did some internet surfing and found this one. abessmokers.com Looks like a clone of a backwoods. Pretty good prices but very little info available online about them.

I started off with an 18" WSM. Loved it and then got the 22.5". It was nice but temps were harder to control here in Colorado. I then got an XL Big Green Egg and couldn't be happier because it acts as both a low temp smoker or a high heat grill. Everything from pork butts to steaks to chicken to ribs and pizza come out great. I did the Roadside chicken over the weekend that was unbelievably moist. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a BGE or a quality knock off like a Kamado Joe.

I'd be happy to come take those WSMs off your hands!

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I just picked up a BWS Fatboy with the guru only a few years old and in great shape for $1600. SCORE! And for the record I love my BGE just wanted more capacity.

looking for a smoker to grow with. ive been getting by with my weber gas grill and its time to step up. been lurking around craigs list/ ebay, havent found any thing yett. I Need an assassin smoker, for the money it seems to be the best bang for the buck. How ever if the wife finds out i spent $3000 on a grill she nuder me! can any one point me in a good direction. the reason i want a vertical is they are almost set and forget and i have extremely limited time and cant be watching my smoker all day. also wheres a good place to get meat whole sale on Long Island. Just started going to Restaurant depot, but think i can get better quality.

You can borrow my Spicewine for month.. try it out, then call jay if you like it. (Im close by, just off 347and 25)

Back