• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Assassin 28....picked it up yesterday!

dobdabomb

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Will have video as promised, had a couple little things done to it to bring a little extra joy down the road. Hope to get it attached here this afternoon!

Couldn't stop going back to the garage last night :clap2:

Will have video as promised, had a couple little things done to it to bring a little extra joy down the road. Hope to get it attached here this afternoon!

Couldn't stop going back to the garage last night :clap2:

You'll love it dabomb. I'm still so impressed, many months later, on how well my Assassin cooks and runs. I'm excited to hear about your first few cooks on it sir.

taptaptap_sml.gif

:becky:

Is the little box sitting on the grease drain a water pan? Is smoke created when embers of the burning charcoal fall onto wood chips in the basket beneath the charcoal chute?

Looks great! Thanks for showing your extra features. Now get to seasoning and smoking! You are going to love it.

Is the little box sitting on the grease drain a water pan? Is smoke created when embers of the burning charcoal fall onto wood chips in the basket beneath the charcoal chute?

Yes, to both of your questions. They give you the water pan in case you want to use it but it is not needed to control the temp or even really to add moisture. Pieces of burning charcoal fall onto the wood to create the smoke. It is a great smoker.

Yes it's about a 10-15lbs water pan. And yes on the burning of wood, but large chunks will be used.

That looks great! Thanks for the video! I like your additions to the stock cooker.

Yeah I had thought about the little things maybe too much, but they all turned out for the better in my situation. The paint at the top was definitely the more thought out part, gets hot up there so I felt the high heat paint was needed more than the ppg car paint. Thanks man. It felt good to see all those little things come together to really make this one stand out.

Back