• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My first (minor) smoke on a kettle (limited pr0n)

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, it actually felt like SPRING today for the first time in about a year....that farking wind FINALLY died down and it was 60! So, cooked some beef backs on a 26.75" Weber. Ha- they look pretty small in that big boy.

It was my first try at using the minion circle method, or whatever it's called. I was happily surprised at how steady the temp stayed at 215. I've never cooked that low before but had decided to let the kettle stay wherever it landed, if it was a good enough temp.

So, it stayed at ~ 215 for ~6 hours w/o no vent adjustment.

I just salted/peppered the ribs, then sauced (homemade) the last 20 mins or so. Only about 1/2 the ring of KBB was burned. Toothpick probed for doneness. Ribs came out pretty good.

IMG_1229_zpsd8c2cab2.jpg

IMG_1231_zpsdb99d14f.jpg

IMG_1233_zps7476bed5.jpg

IMG_1236_zps28f5c9bd.jpg

Next time I get a rack of pork ribs I'll do them on the kettle instead of the WSM and see what happens. Thanks for looking.

Great job! I started on a kettle. Now that I'm upgrading from my COS to a monster sized pit, I can't wait to go back to a 22.5 weber for everyday use. You can do pretty much anything on those grills. I like that 26.75 though :-D

dang those 26.75 inch weber's look gorgeous. just wish they weren't so stinking expensive :(

That's inspirational, got a 26.75 on order and can't wait to play with it. I'm using a SJ until it gets here.

Nice cook, the ribs look great!

I just missed out on a 26"er last week on CL for $75. Luckily I found that 18" WSM to hold me over. :grin:

Looks good to me:biggrin1: Question, how were your bottom vents set, or did you have them all the way open?

Those look awesome, i might have to do some beef ribs this weekend instead of the usual spares

Back