Rib Cookbook - NEED RECIPES

I really think that before any one hands over a recipe, more should be known about how it all fits together in the book. Is the book a collaboration of recipes from around the country? If so, is it going to be framed like that in the book? Is it going to be marketed as "original" recipes from one source? Who is the publisher and what demograph are they trying to reach with the book? I think that these are all fair questions to ask considering so much is unkown.

You won't know more details...keep the conspiracy theories coming! :becky:

Despite the razzing, this is a sincere effort. Send me a message if you're interested.

You won't know more details...keep the conspiracy theories coming! :becky:

Despite the razzing, this is a sincere effort. Send me a message if you're interested.

Not sure of any conspiracy theories, but you might get more interest by providing more info. People are more apt to offer things up if it's all laid out in the open from the get go and not having to fish for the info or details.

Because you said that you would do your best to make sure people were recognized for their contribution. To say that you would do your best to do some thing tells me that you don't have a slid plan at this point. Just an observation.

You're right, you got me...I don't have a plan because it's only been 6 hours since I got the email and the offer a few hours ago. I haven't even been home yet to talk to the wife about it.

You might get some more cooperation if you were able to provide a little more context. Who came to you? What's the format, how will people be credited? etc.

The Brethren are a generous bunch, but I think most of us would agree that we don't appreciate our good nature being taken advantage of, and for some reason this approach doesn't quite pass the smell test.

I understand what you're saying. I disclosed everything to everybody who sent me a message and I'm going to stick to that process. I'm just giving folks an opportunity to have their rib recipe in a cookbook, nothing more.

I'm real stubborn. :becky:

King, sounds like your "Court Jester". Fire up your gas grill and get back to US!

BTW, can you post a copy of the release that must be signed by the 200 participants, it would be most helpful in our decision making process.

Folk, King asked a question/simple request.

Participate if you want, and if your not interested, dont.

Theres no reason to belittle or speculate that theres underlying motives. If youre not comfortable with the request, simply move on. Theres plenty in the forum to keep us amused.

If you think theres some interest, asking some questions for details or intentions is fine, please refrain from any accusations and assumptions. Based on what kings posting, he has about as much info as 6 hours can bring.

Back