White butcher paper vs red!

Yes, parchment paper will work. I't just much more expensive in the long run if you plan on wrapping in paper every time you cook.

Just for the record, there is a difference between white butcher paper and freezer paper. Butcher paper comes in red, natural and white. All will work for cooking. Just make sure it's not coated with any thing. You'll know by how it feels if it has any kind of coating. I have a roll of white butcher paper and it works just fine.

It get mine free. I use a local butcher (who I wisely be friended) and when I buy meat I get extra paper.

Restaurant Depot has white uncoated butcher paper for around $30 for 24" x 1300'.

If you want the exact pink butcher paper Aaron uses, here is what he uses and were he gets it http://216.178.81.174/abco2/catalogdetail.asp?id=OII-BPK18-10&formname=browse

It's only 28bucks but I don't know what shipping cost here is full list

http://216.178.81.174/abco2/catalogproducts.asp?Type=Product&CategoryCode=1&VendorCode=&FromWhere=category&CommodityCode=WRAP

The pink stuff works great and last for awhile.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm just sayin.......

The white butcher paper in the OP is sold at Sams. At MY SAMs, they don't carry the wax coated paper. I have the Sam's 18" butcher paper and it is NOT coated with plastic. I just used it this weekend to light my chimney starter and it lit right up with no smoke or stank as it would have if it had plastic on it.

RD carries both unwaxed butcher paper from 18" to 36" AND waxed freezer paper. They also carry parchment paper, but only 15" or 18".

Iced used my Sam's paper many times and I'll keep using it. It's good stuff.

I bought a very similar roll from my local Sam's. it works great and isn't coated. Wonder if they're from different manufacturers?

I just got a roll of butchers paper from Sam's last week. Uncoated and looks just like the one in the picture. Used it for the first time last weekend on a brisket. Best one I've made so far, but it still seemed to soften my bark up as the alum foil did. Maybe I used too much paper, IDK. Ended up taking it out of the paper for about a hour at the end. Also made it easier to prob out of the paper.

Still good stuff.

Back