BBQ Bubba! I was wondering...

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
What's the biggest difference you've experienced going from roadside vending to being a pitmaster? Is it much difference?

What's the biggest things you've learned?

Or even how's the new job going? Is Mike goingto take over roadside vending next year?

Bubba -

Can you please tell me the formula again on how to figure out how much meat I need for 99 adults and 12 1/3 children eating brisket and pulled pork?

Should I make the beans from scratch or fancy up some store bought beans? How many containers of beans do I need to feed them folks?

What's the biggest difference you've experienced going from roadside vending to being a pitmaster? Is it much difference?

What's the biggest things you've learned?

The best way to explain the difference would be to imagine cooking Brisket, pork, ribs and chicken for a 200 person catering gig.

Everyday. :shock:

Then add in smoked bacon, tomatoes, jalapenos and all the other things the cooks need (everything is fresh made at this raunt) and the smoker runs about 24-7.

The biggest thing i have learned is that i do NOT want to open my own BBQ raunt. A nice carry-out place with a couple tables is definetly more my speed.:biggrin:

I have shaved down the 68 hr work weeks to about 50 with the addition of a helper to pull and package all the meats but serving fresh brisket daily (between 8-14 per day) and trying to fit in all the other meats makes for a busy boy! :cool:

Or even how's the new job going? Is Mike goingto take over roadside vending next year?

I'm only playing pitmaster till April when i re-open the roadside stand again. Really looking forward to a full season of roadside, markets and festivals next summer as last year treated me very well!

Mike and I will still be catering and hopefully a much larger schedule of competitions! :biggrin:

Bubba -

Can you please tell me the formula again on how to figure out how much meat I need for 99 adults and 12 1/3 children eating brisket and pulled pork?

Should I make the beans from scratch or fancy up some store bought beans? How many containers of beans do I need to feed them folks?

My formula would be to call RSS BBQ and get a price. :twisted:

Thanks Rich! :tongue:

Busy....Getting ready to go down south. I'm going for two weeks. Maybe me and Puff will come out to see you one day. Are you using your recipes?

Back