MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #61
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

my, my, these are some serious entries!

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #62
angryfish01
is one Smokin' Farker

I have to correct my last post...
That was caseydog's cook. Excellent!
I agree with Moose, that it was an excellent cook of higher caliber.

I gotta update my signature!

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Just call me "The Fish"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkorange]or Ken works too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Ardent fan of Chris P. Bacon
angryfish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #63
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryfish01 View Post
Moose, it looks like you and I are the only ones with a palate here. I'll have to lower my standards to get in the running here. ........
?????
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #64
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Dang... Now we gotta pick which one is Mongo's old knee joint!

Whichever one it is... I'm sure it was delicious!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #65
deguerre

You've been to New Guinea again haven't you, Bill?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #66
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Fark... how'd you figure THAT, you cunning stunt!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #67
deguerre

Gee, I'm wondering if my "pot roast" counts as a one dish wonder...everything is cooking together in the same roasting dish on the kettle as I type...

[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 07-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #68
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Yep!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #69
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Um, we're supposed to PM that Deguerre guy for specifics on whether our one pot dish conforms. Good luck, I hear his inbox is usually stuffed or something like that.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #70
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Lit chimney just put on Dragona and waiting for her to get up to temp.

Thinking out loud, here: it's a soup and I'm smoking a small beef blade roast to tear apart later. I need 4 litres (one gallon) of stock, only have 3 litres. Since it's a soup a crust on the beef isn't necessary so I put the meat and a litre of water in a roasting pan to catch the drippings/flavour as it cooks. I think it should give me the last litre of "stock" I need with deglazing. I do have no salt bouillon cubes to 'beef' up the flavour if necessary. I'm thinking because I'm using water in the pan that the drippings shouldn't burn to heck (like they do when I smoke meat on the rack with a drip tray below). Makes sense to me but we'll see what happens. First time braising in a smoker. If the pan juices get too dark I can use bouillon cubes and fresh water to make up that last litre of stock.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #71
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' View Post
Lit chimney just put on Dragona and waiting for her to get up to temp.

Thinking out loud, here: it's a soup and I'm smoking a small beef blade roast to tear apart later. I need 4 litres (one gallon) of stock, only have 3 litres. Since it's a soup a crust on the beef isn't necessary so I put the meat and a litre of water in a roasting pan to catch the drippings/flavour as it cooks. I think it should give me the last litre of "stock" I need with deglazing. I do have no salt bouillon cubes to 'beef' up the flavour if necessary. I'm thinking because I'm using water in the pan that the drippings shouldn't burn to heck (like they do when I smoke meat on the rack with a drip tray below). Makes sense to me but we'll see what happens. First time braising in a smoker. If the pan juices get too dark I can use bouillon cubes and fresh water to make up that last litre of stock.
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #72
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' View Post
Um, we're supposed to PM that Deguerre guy for specifics on whether our one pot dish conforms. Good luck, I hear his inbox is usually stuffed or something like that.
Well, I said feel free to PM me. Didn't say anything about the PMs actually getting delivered...
Old 07-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #73
deguerre

Default 4th of July Pot Roasted Leg Of Lamb

Here 'tis. O'fittal TD entry. American raised 7.4 lb bone in leg of lamb, center cut, with baby Yukon gold taters, carrots, onion and fresh rosemary and thyme. Added a little beef stock during the cook. Started the kettle out at 225 for smoke and let it gradually increase in temp until it reached 300 after 2 1/2 hours with an IT of 135 when it was pulled, foiled and rested. We haven't made plates yet, but I liked the "one dish" shots so much that I've already got my money shot. Used apple wood chunks over Kingsford Comp.

On the kettle

Pulled to rest

I'd like to use the below pic for the TD entry...

I've got four hours to edit in the plated pics so I may change my mind on the Entry shot later...

OK! Plated pics

Last edited by deguerre; 07-04-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #74
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Looks heavenly Guerry!
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #75
angryfish01
is one Smokin' Farker

Yum, yum, yum!

I gotta update my signature!

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Just call me "The Fish"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkorange]or Ken works too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Ardent fan of Chris P. Bacon
angryfish01 is offline   Reply With Quote