Smoked Chivo on Indian Fry Bread

That looks seriously good and very interesting to try. I've been wanting to branch out and goat is on my list of new things to try to cook. This looks like a great way to start checking that out! I've had goat and enjoyed it, but it's been a long time. Thanks for posting Jeanie - it's always interesting to see what you cook and it's always so dang good! :thumb:

I want to try the fry bread. Thanks for posting the recipe Jeanie!
One question...the dough ball was divided in half and makes just the two shown? Your whole cook looks great! Love me some goat.

That looks seriously good and very interesting to try. I've been wanting to branch out and goat is on my list of new things to try to cook. This looks like a great way to start checking that out! I've had goat and enjoyed it, but it's been a long time. Thanks for posting Jeanie - it's always interesting to see what you cook and it's always so dang good! :thumb:

Greg thank you! Hope you give it a try sometime. I think you'll like it. You're an awesome Qer, I'm sure how ever you fix it, it will be tasty! :)

I want to try the fry bread. Thanks for posting the recipe Jeanie!
One question...the dough ball was divided in half and makes just the two shown? Your whole cook looks great! Love me some goat.

Thank you Mike! The recipe makes 4 rounds. I was still frying the other two when I snapped the pic. Ended up eating one slathered in butter. It was great! :becky:

I have never had goat, but this makes me want to give it a try, to heck with the price.

I love fry bread, my first wife and her family, were Oglala Sioux, when ever they got together, they made tons of it every time, or at powwows, They introduced me to fry bread, and I introduced them to bbq. Since she died and I moved back to Mo I have not had any, which just suck.

I will try your recipe, the only thing I see different is they would form it into a patty, or rounds, after flattening it they would pinch a hole in the center not enough to make a doughnut, but so it would close up while cooking, guess it made it cook better, don't know. All this was done in an assembly line, each with their own task. It was always served up with lots of butter, honey, or preserves of some kind. Dang now I got to check out my pantry for supplies.
Dave

I have never had goat, but this makes me want to give it a try, to heck with the price.

I love fry bread, my first wife and her family, were Oglala Sioux, when ever they got together, they made tons of it every time, or at powwows, They introduced me to fry bread, and I introduced them to bbq. Since she died and I moved back to Mo I have not had any, which just suck.

I will try your recipe, the only thing I see different is they would form it into a patty, or rounds, after flattening it they would pinch a hole in the center not enough to make a doughnut, but so it would close up while cooking, guess it made it cook better, don't know. All this was done in an assembly line, each with their own task. It was always served up with lots of butter, honey, or preserves of some kind. Dang now I got to check out my pantry for supplies.
Dave

Dave, so sorry to hear of your Mrs. My condolences to you...
The fry bread sounds delicious. I'm sure it was!! I will try the pinched hole idea, thank you!!

WoW!!!! over the top Jen!!!! it all looks wonderful...... never had that kind of bread but I can tell that it is good...... for some reason it made me think about when my mamma had left over mashed potatoes she would fry them the next day..... It was good.....

Dave, so sorry to hear of your Mrs. My condolences to you...
The fry bread sounds delicious. I'm sure it was!! I will try the pinched hole idea, thank you!!

Well thanks, but that happened a long time ago, we were both very young, at least compared to my age today.:wink: Yes give it a try, like I said don't know if it will make any difference, its just what they did.
Dave

looks great Jeanie!

Matt thank you! :-D

WoW!!!! over the top Jen!!!! it all looks wonderful...... never had that kind of bread but I can tell that it is good...... for some reason it made me think about when my mamma had left over mashed potatoes she would fry them the next day..... It was good.....
Thank you Paul! Your mom's tatoes sound great. I'll give it a try. Do you fry them in butter?

Well thanks, but that happened a long time ago, we were both very young, at least compared to my age today.:wink: Yes give it a try, like I said don't know if it will make any difference, its just what they did.
Dave
Dave, I hope the fry bread brought back good memories for you then...
I am looking forward to trying them your way. Hope to get a chance today. Thank you again! :)

What age do you recommend for the goat, also was it a male or female

Jestridge I prefer them the younger the better, 6 months or below but can not always get them that young. Also prefer females but bucks are ok if they've been fixed. The boer breed are my favorite.

Great looking cook Jeanie, very nice! I have never had goat... bee quite a few years since I had Indian fry bread, but it does sound good... may have to just try our own, thanks for the recipes!

Great looking cook Jeanie, very nice! I have never had goat... bee quite a few years since I had Indian fry bread, but it does sound good... may have to just try our own, thanks for the recipes!

Thank you Marty! I really enjoyed the Tatonka Dust addition. I have a shaker full sitting by my stove for sprinkling on a lot of things. Love the stuff!
The fry bread is really easy to make and pretty tasty when it's hot.
Hope all is well with you, I'm sure the weather is cold up your way. Keep warm and thanks again! :)

That looks really tasty. :hungry: :clap: :hungry:
Husker thanks so much! :thumb:

Back