A Bourbon Tailgating class in Kentucky

drbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm doing a tailgating class at the very cool old Woodford Reserve distillery in Lexington, Kentucky in a couple weeks. It should be a lot of fun. Hope some of you guys can make it. Here's the info. BTW if this is in the wrong place someone please move it.

Woodford in the Kitchen
Kickoff to Tailgating Season
Saturday, August 25, 2007
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

The Woodford Reserve Distillery is proud to present Dr. BBQ, Ray Lampe, at Woodford in the Kitchen! Come learn from Dr. BBQ himself why Woodford Reserve is as necessary at your tailgating event as it is on your bar. Dr. BBQ is an acclaimed author and chef, bringing home some of the most prestigious grilling awards since 1994. On Saturday, August 25 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Dr. BBQ will share his ‘Top Ten Tailgating Tips’ as well as instruct in the art of cooking with Woodford Reserve. This culinary class will be held at Woodford Reserve’s Visitor Center Covered Overlook.
Cost is $50 plus tax, per person and includes demonstration and lunch.

Reservations are required and may be made by contacting Kate Wesley at 859-879-1934. Seating is limited, so be sure to call soon.

To learn more about Dr. BBQ, please visit www.drbbq.com

PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 45.2% Alc. By Vol.,
The Woodford Reserve Distillery, Labrot & Graham Proprietors, Versailles, KY ©2007

Just my luck Ray!! I will be in Hermann Mo. on the 23rd for a Judging class and Columbia Mo. on the 24th picking up my new Spicewine!!:roll:

Just my farking luck!!:x

Would LOVE to make it Ray, just too much driving in too little time!!:roll::oops::cry:

Hey Doc...while you're there check out my personal favorite..."Makers Mark". http://www.makersmark.com/ Wish I could make it bro...fine bourbon is one of my occasional indulgences...enjoy!

JD

Woodford Reserve is smile in a bottle. Is there going to be any bbq competition secrets included?

It depends how much I drink!
Seriously, it's not a competition class but I'm always happy to talk about it.

I think that is the same weekend of the Maddison Ribberfest. We will see, but that class does sound like a blast!

Why don't they ever hold classes like this in Wyocena or Madison?

OH! DUH! No distillery!
Wish I could be there, sounds like a blast.

I'm brainstorming here Ray.

I MIGHT, I said MIGHT be able to make it if everything works out right.

Do you know how many spots are left?

I called Kate Wesley but just got voice mail and left a message.

Ray you lucky farker...

Do you get a sample gallon for being the instructor?:lol: I wouldnt mind a sample liter or fifth myself.:lol:

I'm brainstorming here Ray.

I MIGHT, I said MIGHT be able to make it if everything works out right.

Do you know how many spots are left?

I called Kate Wesley but just got voice mail and left a message.

No I don't know. The max is only 25 so I imagine it will fill up.

ZBQ & I are picking up our Spicewines at the same time. For me it's only a 2 hour detour on the way back, so I might jump in as well.

I got to get my dates right. If it isnt Maddison or Owensboro, Doc I will be there!

On edit, I think I can do this.
Hope to be there Dr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to call Kate tommorrow to make my reservations.:biggrin:

Mike (Slamdunkpro) and I will both be there with our new Spicewines so it should be some good advertising for Jay!!:-D

Really looking forward to this Ray!!:biggrin:
(Sent you a PM)

Thanks for the heads up on this!!

Dale, this will make a good showing for the Brethren!! Looking forward to meeting you.:-D

Going to call Kate tommorrow to make my reservations.:biggrin:

Mike (Slamdunkpro) and I will both be there with our new Spicewines so it should be some good advertising for Jay!!:-D

Really looking forward to this Ray!!:biggrin:
(Sent you a PM)

Thanks for the heads up on this!!

Dale, this will make a good showing for the Brethren!! Looking forward to meeting you.:-D

Be sure to have Ray sign your Paul Kirk cookbook!

Brian

Back