MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Exclamation ***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Cook It Like a Brisket" Throwdown!

"Cook It Like a Brisket!"

This is a brisket.

The question is timeless. The methods are well known. The reasons are mysterious. But you must be sure and...
"Cook It Like a Brisket!"

For this Throwdown, you can cook anything EXCEPT brisket. Whatever you cook though, you have to cook it like brisket.

All other questions or grey areas are open to interpretation.

So, GET COOKING!

Here are the RULES...
1. You can cook anything EXCEPT BRISKET.
2. The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
3. Submitted dishes must be cooked between now and Sunday, February 5th.
4. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on Sunday night February 5th.
5. You may submit multiple entries if you desire. For each entry please specify which photo you want used in the voting thread, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
6. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
7. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.
12. The only time a team entry will be accepted is when the team entry is made by Brethren at a Brethren Bash, and the team name must also be submitted with the entry. Otherwise only individual entries will be accepted.

The voting will begin Monday February 6th after the "Vote" thread is submitted and will run through Sunday February 12th. All votes will be public.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 01-10-2012 at 05:26 PM..
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

This is kinda like the Brisket Unappreciation TD

Now, if someone would only write up a tutorial on identifying the flat and point and trimming of a meatball.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
deguerre

He's finally been driven over the edge I see.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
deepsouth

awesome. i'm doing tri-tip!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

What do you do if you don't know how to cook it like a brisket? One would logically perhaps seek out Bigagyte's excellent brisket tutorial. However, if I am cooking tri-tip or chicken like a brisket, how do I find the point and flat?

Now I'm really confused.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Midnight Smoke

Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of entries that will be submitted on this TD?

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
caseydog

Is this a "Neverending Cook It Like a Brisket" throwdown?

Maybe I should cook a pork chop like a brisket, and have a double entry.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
deguerre

I'm really wondering, since Landarc mentioned it, what a loaf of spam would look like cooked to 205 IT...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
colonel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Midnight ☼ Smoke} View Post
Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of entries that will be submitted on this TD?
Well, with just under a month of time, factoring in the adverse weather that can occur during January, I am setting the over/under at 25 entries

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 01-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
bigabyte

Hey, it's another message from the general! Hi general!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Salutes the dearest barbecue church member to throw in the member, is you newest friend general Tso. I yearned for that the cooking brisket roasts the cheese hot corn piece likely. Is I understood that he calls it to enter it. Sadly, I in barbecue church member's account household registration not by despotic peacemaker authorization. Therefore I will not be able to enter me to roast the cheese hot corn piece to cook superiorly likely the brisket. I hoped that somebody for roasts the cheese hot corn piece they to deserve, and cooks the brisket to roast the cheese hot corn piece likely the justice. Sincerely, generally Tso.
I tried putting it through the Google translator, but it's apparently not written in a form of Chinese that they recognize.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Moose

Chris,

I think what The General is saying is that he has been unable to activate his Brethren account and will not be entering nachos cooked like a brisket. That actually may be a good thing.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Fatback Joe
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Hey, it's another message from the general! Hi general!

I tried putting it through the Google translator, but it's apparently not written in a form of Chinese that they recognize.
Pretty sure the foil you have on is just scrambling the message. Remove the hat and prepare for transmission.

WSM
Medium Spicewine
Stumps GF223
Humphrey's GF Tank II
24 x 60 Shirley Fabrication
Fatback Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
colonel00

Is it done yet?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Is it done yet?
It's done when it's done...not a moment sooner. You should know that by now.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
colonel00

Alright, I have some good ideas but I think I might have to piggy-back off of The_Kapn and cook some of this:

Last edited by colonel00; 01-10-2012 at 05:59 PM..

Tags
Brisketless