• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
I'm loving this throwdown! Great stuff. Why do I love it so much if I can't eat it? I don't know what's wrong with me. You're right ecode penguin fatties need to be cold smoked to -160 and I had a real hard time getting the penguin to....... Nevermind that I need to get back to the drawing board. Your ideas were way better and tastier!

To be honest, I'm not sure what a South American fatty would be!:confused: One filled with either coffee or cocaine I suppose.
Having in-laws from South America, they once made empanadas on July 4th while visiting while I cooked hickory smoked BBQ. Soooo... I would think you could wrap a fatty in dough, perhaps with some churrasco chunks or ground chorizo with sausage, and give it a quick fry or bake or whatever the heck they do to cook the crust. They generally have a raisin in their empanada too. And yes, I bet they would love some coffee mixed in somehow. :crazy:

These are some off-the-scale entries so far!

Having in-laws from South America, they once made empanadas on July 4th while visiting while I cooked hickory smoked BBQ. Soooo...

Ok I so want to make a Fatty Empanada now!
I have made pulled pork empanadas before. They were very well received by the family.

What kind of dough did they use for their empanadas? My wife's from Panama and their empanadas are made with a corn masa that has a little bit of queso fresco mixed in. So very good, but so very labour intensive, no masa harina here. My arm is sore just thinking about turning that stupid grinder.

Last edited:
IMG_0940-1.jpg

I'm speechless...

agreed.
in-farkin-credible.

my hat goes off to you for a long, long time.

OK. Redhot and I have been discussing this one and we're both in. Experimantation starts tonight.

OK, if you two are in, then I better think of something,... just need Alan to join in and we'll have full teams for the first time in a long time. Hmmmm, maybe I can find that crawdad and make a fattie with that....

OK, if you two are in, then I better think of something,... just need Alan to join in and we'll have full teams for the first time in a long time. Hmmmm, maybe I can find that crawdad and make a fattie with that....

Ooooo... Crawfish Etouffee Fatty! Good idea!

I did listen to the music, but my French is so rusty it might as well have been Swahili. I put the link into Babelfish, but that didn't help. I'll take your word for it. To be honest, I'm not sure what a South American fatty would be!:confused: One filled with either coffee or cocaine I suppose.

That would a cuey,, AKA Guinea pig

Eh I don't think this is throwdown worthy but what they heck. This is a plain naked fatty. Smoked it with cherry and pecan and regular k. It was smoked on my high tech state of the art smokey joe platinum. With quad guru's and six smoke pistols it can smoke for 8 weeks straight without fluctuating temps a single degree. Ok not really and I'll drop back to reality for a while. The wings were my snack and were actually better than the fatty but this isn't a wing throwdown. This is only a regular fatty. Just the way god intended fatties to be when they were created on the 8th day. Nothing less nothing more.

pics005.jpg

pics007.jpg

pics009.jpg

pics016.jpg

pics020.jpg

Looks great to me. Did you say naked, or neked?:wink:

That's a beautiful naked fatty. It takes courage to show it off like that. Maybe the "Save the Fatty" coalition will give you some sort of award or something?

That's a beautiful naked fatty. It takes courage to show it off like that. Maybe the "Save the Fatty" coalition will give you some sort of award or something?

I don't know about an award since Ron L is on probation from the society for his entry but I just wanted to participate since I like you guys so much... And courage is no problem after some of the awful entries I've done. I figured if I set the bar really low for myself I'll never fail. :thumb:

You could photoshop it onto an interesting background or something. Make it "pop".

oh

my

Gawd....

Just wandered into this thread. I wish I had more than $7 dollars in the bank, I would make a copy of every one of these entries, take to work as a buffet, and claim them as my own....

Amazing stuff, folks!!!

What kind of dough did they use for their empanadas?
I wish I could help Bro... but I was too pissed to participate after spending all day cooking BBQ and they ate Empanadas with ground beef and never tried the Q. My wife has zero culinary skills... too bad too after having parents from Chile, born in the Bronx, grew up in Puerto Rico, and finally residing in Alabama after leaving Atlanta when she figured out it is not such a scary place for non-rednecks. :wink:

I highly recommend you take a look at the "fried" throwdown. There were some empanadas as well as a bacon weave (deluxe fatty) with a fried crust. You could still go several directions with layering and such.

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83723&page=3

I saw a picture on facebook the other day of what appeared to be a beef gravy casserole something topped with vanilla bean ice cream. Sounds sick, but made me think of Antarctica. This site is incredibly filled with creative and exceptional cooks!! Keep it coming for those of us that don't have a lot of time at times.

Back