Carne Asada Tacos w/ Fresh Homemade Tortillas

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]We had some USDA prime skirt steak pre-marinated in the freezer I pulled out. So the Missus brought home some fresh masa so she could make some of those delicious homemade tortillas she does so well. The masa was so fresh it was still warm!

IMG_5010.jpg

Time for a margarita!

IMG_5011.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Missus fired up the tortilla griddle while I grilled up the asada:

IMG_5012-1.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the meat was done, I chopped it up finely, then added it to the fresh hot tortillas, then topped with fresh pico de gallo, and some salsa roja:

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

Those were some seriously tasty tacos!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

That might be dinner tomorrow night with the exception of Thai seasoning instead of Hispanic/Mexican.

Man that Margarita gave me a case of sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia from just starring at it. Tacos look good also.

Man that Margarita gave me a case of sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia from just starring at it. Tacos look good also.

Actually, I did have a few sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia moments with the margaritas, but they were brief and so ever worth it! :laugh:

Very nice!
What kind of meat?

Usually the carne asada meat they sell here is very thin and
kind of a poor grade of meat.
Yours looks rare in some parts which is a good thing.
Most tacos joints serve it up well done.

I like to use flank steak or arrachera for my carne asadas.

I always use the traditional flap/skirt. Here's my prep/marinade:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87688

Very nice!
What kind of meat?

Usually the carne asada meat they sell here is very thin and
kind of a poor grade of meat.
Yours looks rare in some parts which is a good thing.
Most tacos joints serve it up well done.

I like to use flank steak or arrachera for my carne asadas.

Man, that looks like heaven! Absolutely love Carne Asada Tacos! I make it a point to get my Carne Asada fix every time I visit Cali. My only wish is to find skirt steak on the east coast so i can make my own.

Back