• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NYs reverse seared

plakers

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Freddy Krogers had whole NY roasts for 3.47/lb so I took home a 9 pounder. The ribs were cut and tied so they will go with tomorrows dinner. I hacked off a 4+ lb roast, put a few 1" steaks in a freezer bag and was left with these 2" thick beauties.

Dec102012foodmostly021.jpg

Dusted with Simply Marvelous Season All

Dec102012foodmostly024.jpg

Placed on the UDS which was running at 255 or so with a little mesquite mixed in.

Dec102012foodmostly025.jpg

I was hoping to pull at 115 but got sidetracked talking to Mom on the phone so I found them at 127 40 minutes later. Pulled off and cranked up the UDS by openeing all the taps and gave the steaks a 4 minute sear on each side. The taters were nuked and rode along with the steaks the rest of the way.

Dec102012foodmostly027.jpg

Here it is all plated up. A little too medium for me but the riiff-raff(wife and kids) had no complaints.

Dec102012foodmostly030.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Vittles

Dec102012foodmostly031.jpg

Just did ny on my rig at 600F. Steaks go so quick I'm just too impatient to reverse sear! At 600+ they definitely get that steakhouse crust!

Would work for me. Although I am like you, I like them showing a little more pink for medium. Back in 1971, when I got out of the army, I celebrate with the wife and our friends by going to a steak house. I preferred a more well done steak at the time, but ordered a double cut NY strip. When I got it, the steak was still rare in the center. Best steak that I had ever had. Changed my perspective on how well done to order a steak. Yours look very good.

Back